Dinner Sunday 3rd March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight for dinner we are cooking Jimmy's Butter Chicken :chef:

Jimmy was a contestant on Masterchef Australia Season 2 and he apparently made the best Butter Chicken when he was there...he is Indian which helped ;)

It has become quite famous and heaps of people love it...so tonight we are going to attempt it ourselves :)

I had to go to an Indian supermarket to get some of the ingredients as you cant get them in the normal supermarkets

Really looking forward to it...about to start cooking now :)

Last edited:
The Butter Chicken was absolutely delicious, we will certainly have it again!

P1010032.JPG

I love butter chicken and yours looks just the way I like it.....:)

I am going to slow roast a slab of pork belly for dinner. I have it marinating in a mixture of roasted peppercorns and fennel seeds, garlic, thyme and olive oil. I think it is going to take about 2 1/2 hours. Then crisp up the skin. Going to serve it with garlic gai lan and some kind of potato....

The looks like the butter chicken you posted last time, Kylie. Are the recipes very similar? It looks delicious, but I hate buying dish specific ingredients I'll probably only use once a year.

The looks like the butter chicken you posted last time, Kylie. Are the recipes very similar? It looks delicious, but I hate buying dish specific ingredients I'll probably only use once a year.
The Sharwood's butter chicken sauce is good. I am like you. I like to make a few dishes and this just makes things a bit easier.
Z
222325.jpg

Z

Last edited:
that looks great, kylie!

we were supposed to go skiing today but found out the mountain was having both "scout day" as well as end of the season races, so it would have been a madhouse. we canned the idea until tuesday (gonna let my boy play hookey from school... shhhhhh!).

so today is batting cages, baseball practice, then out for korean bbq for dinner.

The Sharwood's butter chicken sauce is good. I am like you. I like to make a few dishes and this just makes things a bit easier.

Thanks for the recommendation.
So butter sauce is basically a curry?

Pac--you can make your own butter sauce if you have gram masala on hand (or you can blend your own gram masala). Some recipes use heavy cream, others use 1/2 and 1/2 plus plain yogurt and tomato paste/sauce. There are a lot of variations of recipes on the Internet.

What's Cooking?

I've planned a cooking day today:

Split pea soup with Andouille

Taco meat mixture, half of which will be turned into tamale pie/casserole (dinner). The other half will be frozen for other uses.

Andouille hash (browns)

I'm also planning a broccoli cheese soup, but it will probably not get started today.

Last edited:
Thanks Rock, CW.
I saw some recipes and was surprised to see none of them included butter, so I guess it's (the butter flavor) all in the powder/spice. I'll have to pick some up.

Thanks Rock, CW.
I saw some recipes and was surprised to see none of them included butter, so I guess it's (the butter flavor) all in the powder/spice. I'll have to pick some up.
One of the ones I looked at had 1 c of butter...which to me seamed like a LOT.

Last edited:
That one is more my speed. I love butter.
And if I'm going to be making butter chicken... there had better be some butter in it! lol

Butter Chicken

Since the subject has come up, here's a link to my recipe for BC. It looks complicated but you're not doing anything different from what you do for recipes from other cuisines. The ingredients are not as common but the procedures are familiar.

I have some things I need to use up in the fridge so it's a "let's see if how this stuff tastes if I throw it together" kind of night. Decided I'm going to try strawberry lime chicken and linguini tossed with an asiago cream sauce. Green beans as a veggie. I'll let you know how it works out.

I think we will stay with the Asian theme... ;). Some kind of stir fry, not sure, if it will be beef, chicken or shrimp. I also have some Filipino Lumpia in the freezer that my DD & S-I-L made, (needs to get used before freezer burn sets in) DH is making a rhubarb/berry crisp. Lots of rhubarb in the freezer to get used before the fresh starts in a few weeks ;)
I see some Rhubarb juice in my future .....

Chicken spinach lasagna tonight with a loaf of crusty french bread and a fresh green salad.

Back
Top Bottom