"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 05-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #11
Master Chef

We're leaving in the morning for a trip to Ann Arbor to care for my in-laws while my brother-in-law and his family take a breather. Trying to get rid of stuff in the fridge that will not be good when we get home.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #12
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I'm making a pot of chili.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I may brine and grill some chicken breasts. They turned out so good last week, hoping to do it again!
Old 05-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Have you posted a recipe for the rollatini? Sounds good.
I don't really have a recipe. I take thin sliced sirloin, pound it out if too thick (should be about 1/8" thick), a slice of provolone, slices of pepperoni, fresh basil leaves and sliced crimini mushrooms. Roll it up, sealing it with tooth picks as best I can to keep the cheese from leaking out, but it doesn't matter if some leaks out into the sauce. I brown them off, put them in a baking dish with marinara, foil and oven braise until tender (350 F). Remove the foil, top with provolone and back in the oven to melt the cheese. Pull the tooth picks before serving. I prefer spaghetti ragotti to serve the sauce and rollatini with.

Depending on my mood, I may marinade the meat in olive oil, garlic and balsamic before making the rolls. Otherwise, I just season the meat with S&P before rolling.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #15
Certified Pretend Chef

I'm making luleh burgers on the grill tonight. They're a combination of beef and lamb seasoned with spices and tomato. Some potato and a salad will fill out the rest of the menu.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I may brine and grill some chicken breasts. They turned out so good last week, hoping to do it again!
Well, we had another failure to communicate. I lit the wood in the charcoal chimney to grill the chicken on the hibachi. Got back from a walk with Beagle, there was the equivalent of 2 briquets left in the chimney, the rest had all burned away. DH never even looked. So I put the chicken on the grill, and am lighting up up a few more wood chunks in the chimney. And the newspaper was gone, recycled, so I had to use brown paper bag pieces. Sigh.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #17
Head Chef

Grilling some steaks, a couple chicken breasts, asparagus wrapped in bacon, broccoli w/ soy sauce and butter in foil packets. The extra steak will go on salads w/ gorgonzola and the chicken will turn into enchiladas with salsa verde. I also have some potato salad in the fridge I made this morning and cabbage and carrots cut up for some 'slaw. That's a few nights I have zero thinking to do @ dinnertime this week. Yay!

We are fed by a food industry which pays no attention to health, and healed by a health industry that pays no attention to food - Wendell Berry
Zereh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinner