Dinner - Sunday 7-8-12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Having friends over for dinner tonight. They're bringing over a very nice bottle of Syrah they picked up in California 8 years ago, and asked if I could make something that would pair well with it.

So I'm making a grilled rack of lamb, grilled balsamic summer squash and eggplant, oven fried potatoes, homemade bread, and a lettuce salad.

We picked up some chicken skewers at Costco yesterday so I going to grill them and maybe I'll toss some corn on the grill as well.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's dinner......

Attachments

• chickenSkewers.jpg
    chickenSkewers.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 228
I scrambled some expired eggs with shallots, leftover rotis chicken, and pepperjack. Nice with chipotle tabasco and, for me, ketchup. And buttered toast.

Nice pics and descriptions, all! :yum:

Last edited:
We had spaghetti with the leftover ground beef from my lasagna marathon yesterday. Strawberries and blueberries for dessert.

We went to a neighborhood church's BBQ Ribs fund raiser. Served outdoors. under shady trees on church basement tables and chairs. Spare ribs, Home-made Potato Salad, Home-made from Scratch baked beans, cole slaw, bakery buns. Lemonade, root beer floats or ice cream cones. DInner was reasonably priced and it didn't hurt when it came time for extra donations for their charitible cause.

Tonight is Orange/Ginger Chicken with brown rice and roasted broccoli. Mexican Chocolate Icebox Cake for dessert.

We've been blessed with lots of bounty from Glenn's son's garden...tomatoes (ripe and green), cucumbers, green bell peppers and more so....

Tonight's meal was fried green tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, sliced ripe tomatoes, stuffed green bell peppers. The peppers were stuffed with Italian sausage, chopped tomatoes, spices, onions, bread crumbs, along with a few other ingredients I'm not remembering at the moment, then put into lightly par-cooked bell pepper halves. Topped with sliced Swiss cheese and baked until the sausage mixture was cooked through and the cheese was melted.

We had fresh, still warm, blackberry cobbler for dessert. Made the cobbler a few weeks ago. I wanted to post a link to it but it wasn't on the 'net then. It is now and it is more than worth making. It is a Southern Living magazine recipe called TennTucky Blackberry Cobbler. It is nothing short of awesome.

Last edited:
We had pulled pork sandwiches on crossants, peach jello for the kids, fruit salad, corn on the cob, chocolate cake my first from scratch cake with frosting, I also made some from scratch pull apart rolls parked them in the fridg and baked this morning, a platter of sliced tomatoes,avocado,white sweet onions,cucumbers.DH mad us all root beer flloats..Ahhh life is good.
kades

Banana Splits for Dinner

About two weeks ago, I read this story about a little boy who was born with Down's Syndrome and a heart defect. Nothing more can be done for this child. His mother's wish is to create a wonderful memory with her child in mind. Her idea was to have "Banana Splits for Dinner." Mind you, most people do this with their children, but we had banana splits for dinner. It's a dinner that will be remembered. So much fun. We had not had one in years! :yum:

Attachments

• banana split for dinner.jpg
    banana split for dinner.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 175
We had vanilla ice cream with orange marmalade and dark chocolate syrup for our dinner tonight.

Now that sounds like my kind of dinner!

The marmalade is from Seville, made with Seville oranges and brandy. It is heaven in jam form. I thought it would be really good on vanilla ice cream, I was right. The chocolate syrup was Shrek's idea.

Like I said, too good to repeat anytime soon...:pig:

The marmalade is from Seville, made with Seville oranges and brandy. It is heaven in jam form. I thought it would be really good on vanilla ice cream, I was right. The chocolate syrup was Shrek's idea.

Like I said, too good to repeat anytime soon...:pig:

Did you buy the marmalade in Seville or can it be found in the U.S?

Mmmm....nice looking dinners Dave and Harry...everything sounds so good. Loving the desserts for dinner, too! Life is short, we need to have dessert for dinner every now and then. :)

I had scallops and a fruit salad for an early dinner this evening. Nothing fancy with the scallops, just pan seared with a little lemon juice. Yummy. :yum:

img_1158857_0_ea6c88a11dc1a4c1cb2df56227af09d5.jpg

sad story, pf. my heart goes out to them, truely.

but i must say that the last time that i bought marmalade from seville it had not one but two hairs in it.

i was so disgusted that i just chucked it.

too many damn barbers in seville.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom