Dinner Sunday 7th April 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to a vegetarian Indian resto with a client/friend and Stirling for an early supper. We have heard really good things about this resto. My friend considers it one of the best restos in the Montreal area. He has been a vegetarian his whole life. He has never eaten meat, because he doesn't think of it as food.

Chillin' at the pool. It's supposed to be 80 degrees. Grillin' later - spatchcocked lemon chicken & asparagus. Orzo risotto with peas on the side. Strawberry shortcakes for dessert.

Love vegetarian Indian food. Yum.

For us its roast chicken (with a lemon and lots of tarragon inside) with its lovely citrusy jus and a salad of ribboned courgette, lots and lots of shredded mint, baby broad beans, perks pois and avocado, dressed with more lemon and some EVOO.

There was meant to be wild rice too, but, um...I forgot. The rice is cooking now and will be a rice salad tomorrow! There should be left over chicken which was going to be a pie filling, but now can be part of the salad.

the others are having a pomegranate fool for pudding, with some (bought) Italian plain biscuits/cookies.

Our neighbors brought us some rajma from their Holi celebration. So it will be that with rice and a vegetable and some bread.

Slicing up the leftover pork roast and putting it in the crockpot with BBQ sauce. We'll have "pulled pork" sandwiches on crusty rolls, nice tossed salad, and some FF from 5Guys. Ever since I-forgot-Who posted about 5Guys the other day I've had a taste for them.

If a song gets stuck in your head you call it an earworm, so if a taste gets stuck in your head could you call it a mouthworm?:LOL:

Pasta with chicken, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, asparagus, lemon juice and feta.

I threw some porky odds and ends, including ham scraps, into the CP last night, along with BBQ sauce, chopped onion and peppers, and it's really good. Also made peach sauce with chopped up whole peaches that I'd frozen, but I ran out of sugar. I used agave syrup, and it didn't set, but DH proclaimed it the best ever. So that, probably along with a salad.

Last edited:
I'm going to a vegetarian Indian resto with a client/friend and Stirling for an early supper. We have heard really good things about this resto. My friend considers it one of the best restos in the Montreal area. He has been a vegetarian his whole life. He has never eaten meat, because he doesn't think of it as food.
The food was excellent. It was a bargain too. Less than $8/person, with dessert, sales taxes included!

But, now I am very sleepy. :LOL:

Full turkey dinner here, with all the trimmings. We had our belated Easter dinner today, with DH's sibs, DD and our beautiful granddaughters.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 162
Back
Top Bottom