Dinner, Sunday, 8th March 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wonderful tasty but quick meal tonight. Had picked up a lovely wild-caught salmon filet & some broccolini yesterday at Whole Foods. Baked the salmon topped with some very good bottled hoison/teriyaki sauce, & topped the broccolini (after blanching for 4 minutes) with a drizzle of hot chili sesame oil. Served with a green salad dressed with Ginger Sesame dressing. Delicious!!

YUM, split pea soup sounds sooo good! I am thinking soup, too! I have a hunk of leftover roast in the freezer with broth... I throw in some vegies and pasta and/or rice... with garlic bread and salads! Great meal! :chef:
Here was our meal! :)

img_800770_0_7dd14aa40e0729d3564ef9c2f317df78.jpg

^^THAT looks yummy! We had takeout Chinese. Before I knew it it was an hour later than I thought it was........go figure! :LOL: I TRULY hope I remember to reset my clock upstairs!

Asian-Style Peanut Noodles with peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, lime juice, vinegar, red pepper, scallions, etc.

^^THAT looks yummy! We had takeout Chinese. Before I knew it it was an hour later than I thought it was........go figure! :LOL: I TRULY hope I remember to reset my clock upstairs!
It was a good soup... I'm bringing some to work for lunch. It's amazing how leftovers can become delicious meals!

I'm still getting adjusted to the hour ahead.

Had a nice Sunday meal

My wife and I had company for dinner yesterday. We teamed up and she made homemade pasta while I prepared some thin cut top round for beef braciole. While she was turning the handle on the pasta maker, I was pounding the meat with a tenderizing/flattening hammer. Mixed up my stuffing, rolled the meat, and tied. I have a 7.5 qt LeCrueset oval dutch oven, and I braised the braciole, removed from the pan and deglazed the pot with some chianti. Then I added my sauce and the braciole and into the oven it went. 2 hours in I removed the lid to thicken, and then my wife started getting the pasta together. Right before the pasta was done, I pulled the braciole out, sliced and plated them. My wife took the sauce for the pasta. It turned out fantastic and, as usual, we had way too much food!

Made a really tasty and fun dish for Sunday dinner. Splurged on a pound of wild Gulf Shrimp. Marinated them for half an hour in Creole seasoning, and sauteed them with dandelion greens and garlic, while squeezing a Meyer lemon over them. Spent part of the meal mopping up the juices with a crust of bread... :)

Made a really tasty and fun dish for Sunday dinner. Splurged on a pound of wild Gulf Shrimp. Marinated them for half an hour in Creole seasoning, and sauteed them with dandelion greens and garlic, while squeezing a Meyer lemon over them. Spent part of the meal mopping up the juices with a crust of bread... :)
I can't stand it how was that shrimp? MY mouth is drooling all over the place..It sounds yummy.
kades

Prime Rib ,Mushroom Gravy, either Golden Fingerling Potatoes, or Garlic Mashed, for a veg, either asparagus or kernal corn .
Ended up deciding on Garlic Mashed simply because I couldn't think of anything to do with the Fingerlings aside from roasting them , so wanted to research it a bit . Also had kernal corn .

Back
Top Bottom