Dinner Sunday, 9-27-2015 ~ Plain, or Fancy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
We're having plain Jane leftovers tonight. Made nice ham/egg/cheese sandwiches for brunch since Himself is heading out with his telescope again tonight and he won't eat until he gets back. Big event at the corn maze he's been at this summer due to the Super Moon and eclipse.

We get to pick from chicken or beef, zucchini or Brussels sprouts (or cauliflower, since I'll cook up the little piece that's left), and mashed potatoes. I will probably make salads since I need to clean out greens for an imminent trip to the grocery store early this week.

What are your plans for today/night?

I plan on mixing two leftovers. Sometimes this turns out superb and sometimes not so much! It will be a pan fried pasta with onions, garlic, basil, and mozz cheese with some diced baked cod.

I took some kale, serrano peppers, and green onions from the freezer. I also have some precooked bacon along with some cojita cheese. The plan is to make a frittata.

Last edited:
Made and canned some pizza sauce today, so pizza!

img_1438221_0_6448befa484deeef3252363e1a396514.jpg

After 3 hours in the oven...
img_1438221_1_6aa22b4749d4b5a6f86748b15507cb73.jpg

Cooked down....
img_1438221_2_d72979a63cd368dc82f875c686d222d8.jpg

Canned....
img_1438221_3_c8e3e48c246ef21c28d81c16090455d0.jpg

Nice looking sauce there, Joey.

I'm not sure yet what's going to be on my plate for dinner, but it won't involve cooking today. :) The kitchen is closed after getting a good thorough cleaning this morning. Stovetop is sparkling, sink is scrubbed, and the dishwasher is empty. Still have to mop the floor. I'm thinking I might order a taco salad for delivery. :yum:

While rummaging through the freezer to figure out what I'll need when I go shopping Friday, I ran across a couple of turkey neck pieces that I had boiled down for turkey broth.

I used them to make turkey soup for dinner and just to have soup on hand when I just want a little something instead of a whole meal.

Feet hurt tonight so we're going to order pizza. Not up to standing in the kitchen to make dinner. I really need to work on making parts of dinner throughout the day.

Pork tenderloin on the grill, along with grilled eggplant and squash. Hoping to enjoy as much grilling as I can before the weather turns. I try to grill through the winter, but not always successful. Last winter was impossible.

Another antipasti meal for us, carpaccio with arugula and parm, marinated mushrooms, and we used up the rest of the little mozzarella balls by coating them in seasoned panko, frying and serving with marinara. Dessert was a "Dreamsicle" cocktail.

Well...

Since someone keeps fussing about dinner photos in another thread....

Just kidding! Pizza night!

Back
Top Bottom