Dinner Sunday April 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Long day at work, DH taking his nap before work, I think I'll make the kids some scrambled eggs. I'm not hungry.

Chinese style fare tonite: steamed black bean spare ribs, rice, sauteed green beans w/pork strips. sauteed baby bok choy

Pork stew left over from last night even better the next day, we had our favorite oriental buffet today and pigged out on crab legs, shrimp, mussels, clams, crawfish, and sushi!

QSis's Oven-Fried Rice....I can't get enough of it, and it's SOOO easy.

I sauteed baby bellas and some red peppers - I roasted asparagus, carrots, and new potatoes. As these items got done I threw them into a bowl with some fresh baby spinach. The heat wilted the spinach. I sauteed some chicken then mixed that with everything else and added some fresh cut tomato chunks and added a few Parmigiano Reggiano slices - (I think I spelled that right) :blush:

img_581722_0_ea786e80857196ea174697445381986c.jpg

We had, a fun day today, several appies, ribs on the grill, roasted eggplant with a marinade of lemon juice and zest, garlic,evoo, thyme,parsley, salt and pepper, pasta with 3 different mushrooms,onion,garlic, parsley. pancetta,butter pasta water it turned out really good.There was a large platter of watermelon, Tuscan melon, grapes,marinated garbanzos,cucumber salad, with toasted sesame seeds,toasted sesame oil, garlic, red pepper flakes a pinch of sugar and kosher salt,dessert was Chocolate pudding with whipped cream for the kiddies and strawberry shortcake for the big kids..Hope you all had a wonderful day...
kadesma:)

Tofu Pad Thai for me. My little one had chicken, pasta salad & an apple. My DH is in FL doing a boat delivery, hopefully, they'll arrive tomorrow night here in MX.

Thanks pds.

CJ - tell me about these marinated garbanzos...:chef:
Elf,
they are just marinated in evoo,crushed garlic,freshly chopped Italian parsley, salt and cracked black pepper..I add just enough evooto make them shiney about 2 Tab.parsley,2-3 cloves garlic, the rest to taste per 1 can of garbanzo's...This is how DH's mom did them so they are a staple for every party and I love to use them in an antipasto tray. Just scatter them about the peppers and olives...
kadesma

We fired up the grill for the first time this year yesterday. Just some burgers, baked beans, corn, fries. And strawberry shortcake for dessert.

Elf,
they are just marinated in evoo,crushed garlic,freshly chopped Italian parsley, salt and cracked black pepper..I add just enough evooto make them shiney about 2 Tab.parsley,2-3 cloves garlic, the rest to taste per 1 can of garbanzo's...This is how DH's mom did them so they are a staple for every party and I love to use them in an antipasto tray. Just scatter them about the peppers and olives...
kadesma

Thanks CJ - I will be trying these!

And thank you LPB - it was pretty good eats. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom