Dinner Sunday April 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
Im eager to find out what you all (especially kadesma) are having for dinner tonight.
I have a long tech rehearsal this evening and will be getting a babysitter. Theres a Thai place a block away from where my rehearsal is. I think I will pick up some red curry and brown rice if I'm not terribly late getting out of there.

If I make it to the store this afternoon... lamb meat balls with Pita bread fried in olive oil and spices. Paul will have some roasted potatoes too.

If I get lazy and spend Sunday on the couch ( which is what I want to do) we'll have
canned soup and sandwiches.

I'm leaning towards spaghetti and meatballs today ... the sauce is simmering and I just need to start the meatballs.

well first, I think I'll pop a pill, that'll start off my day right, to get rid of this bothersome jaw/crown situation. have to do that before I think of making dinner. how many pain pills can one take in a day everyday I wonder.
I have to check out my freezer and see what's in there.

Last edited:
Leftover Bean & Kale soup. It came out sooo tasty, definitely something I would make again. Even the boy likes it!

Grilled shrimp with a garlic butter sauce, twice baked potatoes, salad and rolls. I think a nice key lime pie for dessert!

hamburgers on the grill with Caine's seasoning for hamburgers. I tell you I mixed a small batch and everyone loved it so now it goes on any beef dish I make. Don't know what sides I'll have with the burgers yet.

I have a london broil that is marinating
in stubbs texas steak house marinade ..
never used it before but smells great ..

got some silver queen sweet corn ..
going to put a butter and parmesan mixture
on them and then onto the grill ..

red potatoes sliced up .. put in a foil bag
with bacon, cheese, butter and some onions ..

also going to have a tomato, onion and cucumber
salad that is marinating in a dressed up
italian dressing ...

i just love sunday ..

corazon - A tech rehearsal! Wow..brings back memories. Hope it went well.

I usually make a big Sunday evening meal but had to change plans this weekend, so it will be mini-bacon mushroon swiss burgers, green beans, and oven fries.

While the fries are baking I'm going to also bake some meatballs for later this week.

Cross Rib Roast tonight

Sunday I try to make a pot roast. I almost always use the crockpot. Those new liners are great and make clean up easy! Line the crock pot with carrots, onions, celery and potatoes, cutinto small pieces. Place your roast on top, seared or not, does not matter to me. Then, mix together 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard, 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons of honey, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 teaspoon tarragon, some finely chopped parsely and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. MIx it all up read good, I use a sandwhich baggy, then pour it over the roast. Brushing it to spread evenly. Cover and slow cook (I set mine on high for the first 4 hours, then turn it to med for the last hour) Ta da! My husband loves the flavors of this particular recipe. I generally don't measure my ingrediants, I tend to eyeball them, but the ones listed is what I aim for when I eyeball the amounts. =o] If you make a gravy, you can use 1/2 cup of the juices from the crock pot with 1/2 cup of water, puree some of the veggies and add those and let it cook until slightly thick. Great with a salad that has a very light dressing, for the meat is very flavorful. You can also mix up the seasonings for marinade, good with chicken, fish or shrimp!
I save any leftover roast for shredded beef burritos the next evening.:chef:

I'm grilling a fat rib eye tonight for dinner, with grilled asparagus, roasted red potatoes and angel food cake with strawberries. I have an appetizers from Trader Joes to have too, feta and caramliezed onion tartletts.

The sun is out here and its a nice day to grill.

where do I find Caine's seasoning mix concoction? I have one of my own, but always eager to tweak or try something new ...

Back on topic, I haven't started those meatballs yet, so I'm thinking they'll go in the sauce tomorrow (whoops!), and we'll make French onion soup instead with the beef stock I made yesterday. No sherry in the house, which I like in FO soup, so I'll have to wing it with wine or something.

Back
Top Bottom