Dinner Sunday, April 7, 2019 ~ birth date of Billie Holiday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYUqbnk7tCY

It's feeling a little like "Summertime" outside today. Still, I'll be cooking inside. I defrosted a couple of chicken breasts, I have a mess of fresh mushrooms. Not sure exactly how I'll marry them tonight, but they'll be the main course. We'll also have zucchini. Maybe salads.

What's showing up on your dinner plate today?

Catfish w/ sunshine stuffing;(rice cooked w/orange juice & par cheese)...

56468290_2336980189681243_3090072654137262080_n.jpg

Now that is just drop dead gorgeous Joey!

I have lots of veggies that need to be used so I'll be doing some kind of stir fry with thin sliced pork loin I pulled from the freezer. I'll do up some noodles too.
Off I go to shop for recipe ideas.

Looks fantastic Joey.

I’m going to sous vide a couple of pork loin chops and finish them in a CI skillet. Buttered egg noodles and a tossed salad to complete the meal.

Family had KFC. I'm having a pan fried boneless NY strip steak (shell steak) and steamed asparagus (topped with butter and grated Parmesan Reggiano & Pecorino Romano cheeses).

Something we haven't had in a REALLY long time, smothered chicken over mashies, with peas and carrots.

Attachments

• 2019-04-07 18.54.55.jpg
    2019-04-07 18.54.55.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 148
I had a pan fried boneless NY strip steak (shell steak) and steamed asparagus (topped with butter and grated Parmesan Reggiano & Pecorino Romano cheeses).

steak_asparagus_040719_IMG_5583.jpg

Billie Holiday - one of the most influential jazz singers of all time. They just don't make them like that anymore.

Went to daughter and SIL's for dinner. Grilled chicken and pork tenderloin, bread, and salad.

Looks fantastic Joey.

I’m going to sous vide a couple of pork loin chops and finish them in a CI skillet. Buttered egg noodles and a tossed salad to complete the meal.

The finished product.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_5569.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_5569.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 112
I just threw dinner in the oven and I'm not sure how it's going to turn out. I couldn't really find a recipe for it.

I sliced up some Russet potatoes and mixed them with Chef John's homemade blue cheese dressing, some diced green onions and crumbled bacon. Put it all in a casserole dish and popped it into the oven.

I'm not even sure how long to leave it in for but I'll give it an hour and see how the potatoes are doing.

OK, so this probably wasn't the best I idea I ever had. Instead of potatoes in a rich, creamy sauce covered by bacon and bright green onions, I got potatoes that look covered in cottage cheese and the onions look like they've died.

It doesn't actually taste that bad, but I think when I make blue cheese dressing in the future, I'll use it for salads and dip.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom