Dinner, Sunday August 17th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
Brisket is on the menu tonight.... but have not gotten much further than that!!!

Tonight is musgo for us. As in everything in the frige MUST GO! Lots of li'l bits of previous meals. Too much to throw away but enough for a whole second meal so throw them all together and you get musgo!

fired oysters to start ...
then fried chicken .. mashed potatoes ..
country gravy .. green beans .. mac and cheese ..
marinated tomatoes and cucumbers ..
beer .. beer .. beer ..
and some chocolate ice cream ..
oh ... and a smoked meatloaf for sandwiches this week ..

Hey, y'all in SE VA, Harris Teeter has Alaskan king crab legs on sale for $7.99/lb. We bought two pounds to steam for dinner tonight. Alongside, we'll have a green salad with grilled peppers and bruschetta with pesto, goat cheese and chopped romas from the garden.

Shrimp, marinated in something hot and spicy like smoked Thai red curry paste, sambal oelek or sriracha served over pasta and a green salad.

one pot meal of canned turkey breast, cooked egg noodles, cream of potato soup, cooked cauliflower, salt , pepper, basil.

Earlier this month when I was shopping in Paducah I came across a 4-cup Rival crock-pot for $1.00 at one of my favorite thrift stores. Even had the original instruction/cookbook. Perfect for me now that Buck's gone.

So...today I'm making garlic roast pork with onions in the little crock-pot. Have some small red potatoes I'll brown in olive oil in a skillet and season with some rosemary and salt and pepper. I think I have some homemade applesauce in the freezer. That'll be more than enough for me.

Earlier this month when I was shopping in Paducah I came across a 4-cup Rival crock-pot for $1.00 at one of my favorite thrift stores. Even had the original instruction/cookbook. Perfect for me now that Buck's gone.

So...today I'm making garlic roast pork with onions in the little crock-pot. Have some small red potatoes I'll brown in olive oil in a skillet and season with some rosemary and salt and pepper. I think I have some homemade applesauce in the freezer. That'll be more than enough for me.

That sounds wonderful Katie..

I had to laugh at your post yesterday. I would be embarrassed to admit the size bowl of popcorn I pop for myself....when I eat alone, I thrive on popcorn or PB&J's!

Sounds good to me Katie! Mind if I casually pop in just as you are sitting down to dinner?? We are pratically neighbors after all....if I start now I should arrive there by.....well hopefully you'll have left overs!!:mrgreen:

I have some tabbouleh left over from yesterday, I think I'll have that and make the kids scrambled eggs. :)

I'm going to grill some hot dogs and have some more of that coleslaw I made yesterday. I'd kinda like to turn them into Italian hot dogs, but the buns I have are too small to hold all those potatoes and peppers, plus the dog. I should have picked up some brat buns at the store yesterday. Maybe I'll just fry up some home fries.

Oh, I forgot the best part!
There's also leftover Lemon Supreme pie...
:)
I wonder if I could sneak off outside with a piece without the boys catching me....
Maybe I'll ground them to thier room for 10 min or so.
;)

Getting used to making normal Sunday dinners again. My son is moving soon, so we'd like to be able to get together for dinner on Sundays..

Having a tomato and red onion salad first. Then veal pizziola with mashed potatoes and sauteed corn.

I bought seven layer cake for dessert.

Even thought the recipe doesn't say to serve this with pork, I have some red onions and all the rest of the ingredients. Thought it would be pretty good with my pork roast.

We are having shredded pork tacos, rice, beans and all the goodies that go with tacos. dessert is on the way daughter has a surprise;) for us.
kadesma

Lemon herby chicken breasts done on the grill. Grilled zucchini and onions sprinkled with seasoned salt and splashed with soy sauce. Caesar salad and probably either rice or pasta.

Back
Top Bottom