"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-19-2007, 06:44 PM   #11
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
We are having BLT's, corn on the cob and mac n cheese, yucky rainy day in the camper today - boringggg !

Old 08-19-2007, 06:46 PM   #12
Sous Chef

tonight is leftover night. We're trying to clear up some space in the fridge (which means that I can't make what I wanted to make - pot stickers) so it's prolly going to be, noodles with mushroom sauce and the soy beef strips (not a fan of the beef strips). along with some carrots, steamed, and I'm going to make these peas which I've made before and loved

Peas with Rosemary and Pine Nuts

Live Strong
SurvivorGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:14 PM   #13
Sous Chef

oh man

I just made a fine cheese steak with the end of an Italian bread loaf, amish country flat steaks (really good steak ums) and shredded mozzarella. Added tomato slices and some of my slaw, a bit of ketchup. Not exactly fine dining, but it was very fine
Old 08-19-2007, 08:05 PM   #14
Head Chef

Ground sirloin simmered in chicken broth with onions, salt and pepper.

Red potatoes and onions coated with oil/lemon juice/cracked pepper/seasoning salt/parsley and then put under the broiler to brown.

Sweet corn on the cob.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:09 PM   #15
Master Chef

Well, originally I was going to grill some quail along with some veggie sides, but the combination of scattered showers plus the Anthony Bourdain "No Reservations" mini-marathon that's been going on since noon sort of kaboshed that. I ended up doing some (very minor - lol!!) housework & playing with my new DVD recorder (nothing like having Bourdain episodes at my beck & call - lol!!!) while my husband surprising me by coming home with turkey taco fixings (what a guy!!!!). So that's what we had - delicious, easy, & quick enough to whip up inbetween "No Reservations" episodes - lol!!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 11:41 PM   #16
Head Chef

I ate on the cheap Bacon and eggs, home fries, Iced tea
Old 08-20-2007, 01:20 AM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

we went back to weed orchards again today, so after a fun day of picking peaches, plums, ginger and jonah gold apples, red and regular bartlett pears, watermelons, and fresh supersweet corn, we had no time to cook. so, it was takeout italian again.

insalata mista, calamari affogati, chicken piccata, linguini, and cavatelli with broccoli.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:49 PM   #18
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
I made jambalaya with andouile sausage and shrimps, which you will most likely see in reruns at least one day further into this week. Beverage was Coke Zero, and dessert was chocolate ice cream with whipped cream.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:34 PM   #19
Executive Chef

Last night was comfort food. Beer butt chicken, smashed potatoes, cauliflour with cheese sauce.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:18 PM   #20
Senior Cook

I don't normally post to these threads because I never know what DW will want for dinner, but I had to post last night's dinner.

We had butter sauteed shrimp and asparagus. I made a side salad for DW, but I wasn't hungry enough to eat a salad too.

The shrimp turned out really good. My 4yo daughter hugged my leg and said "daddy, you're the best shrimp-cooker ever!" It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Ok, back to work.

[edited to add] I used some homemade roasted garlic butter to do the sauteeing. I think it added a lot of flavor! [\edit]