Dinner, Sunday August 3rd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a brain fart about those the other day....
If I got those teeny V8 cans and emptied them, put beer in them and proceeded as usual do you think I could make beer can cornish game hen?

cream cheeze/pinapple and chicken over rice, zucchini bread, orange jell-o, rolls

barbaque, macaroni & cheese, roast taters, cornbread. that restaurant's barbeque is delicious!!

Yeah, I gotta think of a way to stand those little buggers up on the grill. It's the only way I've ever cooked whole chicken.

Look. Isn't it cute? ;)

I think tomorrow I'll pick up some more if they still have them.

Attachments

• frozen cornish hen.jpg
    frozen cornish hen.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 182
It's Fisher's birthday so we're having his favorite - hot dogs and potato chips. Not very elegant but since I've been on the healthy diet thing, we haven't had hot dogs much so it's a treat!

Yeah, I gotta think of a way to stand those little buggers up on the grill. It's the only way I've ever cooked whole chicken.

Look. Isn't it cute? ;)

I think tomorrow I'll pick up some more if they still have them.

Pacanis... use a red bull can or a mini V8 can... it works perfectlyl! That is exactly what I am having!!! Along with some cabbage braised with bacon and beer.

I want to grill sooooo bad! But with temps at 105 -108, I just can't bring myself to do it!!

Deelady... another idea for steak is to put a dollop of boursin cheese on top after grilling... just adds another layer of melt in your mouth flavor!

Sattie, I just said to my DF about an hour ago that I wishd we had blue cheese to top the steaks with after grilling! Never had the boursin though is that very different? What type of cheese is that?

Vegetable Lo Mein with mushrooms, shredded carrot, scallions, etc.

Sattie, I just said to my DF about an hour ago that I wishd we had blue cheese to top the steaks with after grilling! Never had the boursin though is that very different? What type of cheese is that?

Hey Deelady... Boursin is a fairly mild, very smooth and velvety cream type cheese. If you get the garlic herb flavor, it almost reminds you of a fluffy garlic butter.

DH and I had a steak at Carrabba's that was topped with boursin cheese and it was lovely! Give it a try, I'm sure you will like it, just dab it on the last 30 seconds of cooking and it will melt. Such and easy way to change up a steak a bit without over powering it!

Even using a small can, I've never done one without the rack that the can slides into and keeps everything stable. It'll be a learning experience for sure.

Time for a quick post and a trip to DQ :pig:

Attachments

• 8-3-08.jpg
    8-3-08.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 185
It is just DH and I tonight and after my catering marathon I am not in the mood to cook a big meal so I am making a shrimp salad with a citrus champagne vinegrette. I bought some nice champagne vinegar at my favourite gourmet store a couple of weeks ago. I have fruit and a sour cream/brown sugar dip left over that we will have for dessert.

Even using a small can, I've never done one without the rack that the can slides into and keeps everything stable. It'll be a learning experience for sure.

Time for a quick post and a trip to DQ :pig:

I'll take a Girl Scout Thin Mint Blizzard please....

Family sunday all the kids and babies for food and fun
we will be grilling a tri-tip and will have some orzo with sauteed onions and mushrooms, corn on the cob, a green salad with garden tomatoes, garlic parm bread appies salsa and fried flour tortillas, and I made a large aram sandwich with spinach, cream cheese and garlic, ham and swiss...that should hold them til dinner:LOL: there are nuts and relish trays too..I'm now going to go make large sundaes and put them in the freezer for later.
kadesma;)

How do you marinate your tri-tip? They are hard to come buy in this side of the country, so I need to learn a TNT way of preparing them. TYIA

we went house hunting again today, so we ate a a local steakhouse/grill on the lake.

we started with salads and freshly baked sourdough with butter. then, dw had veal marsala, my boy had broiled flounder, and i had a half rack of bbq baby backs and grilled shrimp.

if we move into the neighborhood, i think we'll be regulars there. :pig:

It is just DH and I tonight and after my catering marathon I am not in the mood to cook a big meal so I am making a shrimp salad with a citrus champagne vinegrette. I bought some nice champagne vinegar at my favourite gourmet store a couple of weeks ago. I have fruit and a sour cream/brown sugar dip left over that we will have for dessert.

Champange!!!! Anything with champange sounds yummy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom