Dinner, Sunday August 3rd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grillin steaks! Anyone with a to-die-for marinade, rub or method for a melt in your mouth steak??

Actually, for me, a good steak needs only salt and ground black pepper and a good 3-minute sear on both sides. Perfection :)

We're doing smoked ribs, grilled potatoes and a green salad. For dessert, I'm going to make individual cobblers - blackberry for me and peach for DH.

Family sunday all the kids and babies for food and fun
we will be grilling a tri-tip and will have some orzo with sauteed onions and mushrooms, corn on the cob, a green salad with garden tomatoes, garlic parm bread appies salsa and fried flour tortillas, and I made a large aram sandwich with spinach, cream cheese and garlic, ham and swiss...that should hold them til dinner:LOL: there are nuts and relish trays too..I'm now going to go make large sundaes and put them in the freezer for later.
kadesma;)

we are getting in all or most of our winter hay today....so it will be the last of the potato salad and FRESH CORN....tested out 4 ears at lunch; two were ready, 2 were not quite there, so will try again for supper..

Whenever I travel I like to leave my kids with enough to pick on to last a few days...

I made chicken parmigiana, sausage and peppers, spaghetti, garlic bread and a huge tossed salad. Giant fruit salad, too.

There is still plenty of corn bread and chocolate bread pudding around. Still lots of rabbit ettouffe, too.

Kadesma....my mouth is watering! I WAS excited about my steaks until I read your post......

And GotGarlic I agree with you when you have a top quality cut of steak but this time I just bought regular chuck steaks, but I bought them because they had beautiful marbling this time, so they should be good and tender. I don't want to drown the flavor, but add a little spin and help with the tenderizing

Kadesma....my mouth is watering! I WAS excited about my steaks until I read your post......

And GotGarlic I agree with you when you have a top quality cut of steak but this time I just bought regular chuck steaks, but I bought them because they had beautiful marbling this time, so they should be good and tender. I don't want to drown the flavor, but add a little spin and help with the tenderizing
Thanks Dee, your steaks sound pretty good..We love them and had planned for some today, but my son came over and handed me a tri-tip yesterday soo here we are:LOL:
kades

Dee - if I want to do something different to steaks I will marinate in equal parts of teriyaki, pineapple juice, and white wine. The Pineapple juice will act as a tenderizer too.

Another thing I have done on occasion (it won't help with tenderizing) is brush on some BBQ sauce right at grilling time. Certainly changes up things.

You are about to inspire to make steaks tonight!!!! There's nothing better than a good ol' steak and baked potato - or yukon gold potato packets on the grill!!!!

What was I thinkin KE with not buying more potatoes when I bought the steaks yesterday......If I wasn't feeling so lazy today I'd run to the store and buy them....

And you know.... I DO have a can of Kerns Pinapple juice in the fridge begging to be used....hmmmmmm :)Sounds good KE thanks.

Ah. I don't think I've made that cut before, so I'm glad KE came through for you :)

I just tried it for the first time this year, its pretty flavorful, esp. for the price, but it is no porterhouse! And KE I just stuck the steaks in 1/2 cup each white wine, terryaki and pinapple.....our dinner is in your hands!!! lol;) How long should I keep them in for?

I dunno. Pretty low on food here, I may just make scrambled eggs for the kiddos and grocery shop tomorrow.

It's usually pizza night here but I am trying to use up everything before vacation. We are having lasagna, pasta with pesto and salad.

I am craving red meat and miniman your dinner sounds delicious.

It certainly was. I have to have a tapering joint as dw and eldest son like well done meat. Youngest and myself like our meat much more pink. This worked very well today. The gravy was lovely, had used red wine to cook the beef and this translated into the juices and I mixed this with an apple gravy, I made last week. DW even complimented me on the gravy (wow wee)

I'm going to reheat a BBQed pork steak from the other night and also fix blackened orange roughy. And green beans and slaw.

I see cornish game hens in my near furture..... they had them at wally world for $1.75 each, so I bought six.

Back
Top Bottom