Dinner Sunday, December 12, 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marinated Salmon filets, white rice with teriyaki and chilled, cooked asparagus, sprinkled with Penzy's Florida Seasoned Pepper.

Hot chicken sandwiches. I made chicken stock yesterday and was going to use it for the gravy, but I burnt the stock! :eek: Made a smaller amount of chicken stock today.

This sounds great! I love liver and love collard greens!

"Babetoo QUOTE: now you have done it. i am craving chicken livers. will have to go back into my order and add some to the list. thanks a bunch!!lol QUOTE

It's a nice change of pace.:chef: And economical. For me it's 4 main dishes for $1.50.

Last edited:
Green salad to start. Penne with sauteed garlic, shallots, and mushrooms in a reduced white wine/chicken broth/tarragon/fines herbes sauce, finished with a little half & half and Parmigiano Reggiano.

I had a basket of small red potatoes that were way too old. Threw them in my salad shooter, layered them with thin sliced onions, creme fraiche, herbs, S&P, and topped with a couple of sausages, and baked for an hour. I think it could have used another 20 minutes, but hubby was in carb heaven (Yeah, he only got one cup,what his dietician recommends!)

Roasted chicken breasts with olive oil, paprika, curry, and garlic powder. 375F until 160, with mixed veggies, and homemade rolls.

That's how I roll :)

oh man, now i'm craving chicken livers.

a little evoo, a minced shallot, a few chix livers, some kosher salt, and crusty bread and i'm all set.

i was able to finally get the post thanksgiving sale turkey i bought in the oven this afternoon, but i didn't have time to make the stuffing or gravy, so that'll be tomorrow night's dinner.

we ended up reheating the chicken parm i made on friday. it was really good for leftovers. i ran out of seasoned breadcrumbs so i used panko instead, and added dried herbs. it fried up nicely with litlle oil, and with the sauce and cheese you couldn't tell the difference except that they were remarkably tender.

Bought a small turkey at Costco and made it for tonight's dinner in my convection oven - cooked in one and a half hours and was very moist. Served it with Sauteed Tuscan Kale and Sweet Potatoes. For dessert: homemade vanilla ice cream made in my new Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker. :)

BuckyT - I love experimentation. But I have never liked Livers from anywhere.

I hope you have the best livers anywhere :)

But anywho, I like the rest of your recipe composites.

You are someone I would cook with.

"Babetoo QUOTE: now you have done it. i am craving chicken livers. will have to go back into my order and add some to the list. thanks a bunch!!lol QUOTE

It's a nice change of pace.:chef: And economical. For me it's 4 main dishes for $1.50.

grocery order will be delivered tomorrow. guess what's for dinner tomorrow night. you must have remarkable self restraint. i can almost eat a pound by myself. just a little coleslaw and i am in hog:pig: heaven.

Either peppersteak or beef chow mein. It is just me, and they were on sale, so I just got the LaChoy stuff. Not as good as homemade, but still ok for something quick. Or maybe tacos (homemade). It all depends on which craving I give into tonight. Since I had taquitos and guacamole for lunch though, I'm pretty sure it will be either peppersteak or chow mein.

:)Barbara

grocery order will be delivered tomorrow. guess what's for dinner tomorrow night. you must have remarkable self restraint. i can almost eat a pound by myself. just a little coleslaw and i am in hog:pig: heaven.

It's not self restraint, it's breading. Even just the flour fills me up. I wanted to eat the whole half pound but couldn't. It's a good thing, because the back pain is worse when I gorge myself so I've been trying to ease up.:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom