Dinner? - Sunday, December 14th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
What? No one's posted yet!

I just put some chicken, garlic, onions, mushrooms, and cream of mushroom soup into the crock-pot. I'm feeling lazy today after my baking flurry yesterday.

Might even take a nap later.

What's everyone else having today?

I have a ham ready to cook. I have no idea what to do with it though.
I'm leaning towards scalloped ham and potatoes though. It's really cold here and that sounds so warm and comfy. I think Paul wants more of a roasted type ham. So maybe a glazed ham of some sort for tonight and scalloped tomorrow??

We shall see.

What are your favorite glazes for ham?

Well Miss Katie, Ya know that in these parts Sunday Dinner is the noon meal...after Church --- So I just finished:

Chied Fricken....
Rice & Graaaaaaaaaaavy....:ermm:
Pink Eye Purple Hull Peas...
Butter Beans.....
Squash Casserole....
Cornbread and,
Tea...... (Un-sweetened thank you very much:-p)
Dessert is looking like a Fun Size Snicker Bar.:LOL:

I have a full tummy and will probably take a short snooze sittin here in this chair.....:sleep:

I'm doing a shrimp boil tonight with red taters, corn on the cob, smoked sausage and some freshly made bread from my bread machine!

I just rubbed my babybacks down and will cook them low and slow on the Ducane in a few hours, with some apple chips on a burner. I'll probably grill some potato wedges, too. And smother them in ranch.

i am experimenting with a chuck roast on the "Q" ... will cook it till
205 and shred it .. also got some baby backs going ..
will throw some keilbasa on for the little princess ..
also some abts .. some green beans ... wifey is making
scalloped tators .. and some garlic bread ..
then some ice cream ..

grilled chicken breasts, spicy sesame noodles with butter, corn on the cob, and maybe tossed salad if we get out to the store. other wise I have some cranberry relish in the fridge.

Well, I am going to the in-laws for their family Christmas (try getting 20 people from all parts of the province together for Christmas Eve when they usually celebrate). They have had turkey for the last few years that it is on another day, but this year MIL is making the traditional rouladen and I couldn't be more thrilled!!!

Only downside, try as I may, I am STILL having to take my boring old mustard glazed carrots. But I am also taking a goat cheese appetizer. 20 people is a good way to get rid of the whole pound at once.

Just realized this is the fourth night in a row I haven't cooked or eaten at home. Hmmm, wonder how long I can keep this going.....Uncle Bob, got any leftover chied fricken?

I'm doing a shrimp boil tonight with red taters, corn on the cob, smoked sausage and some freshly made bread from my bread machine!

Sattie, my dear dear friend, why didn't you tell me this sooner. I might have given up MIL's rouladen for this!

I made a ginormous lasagna yesterday for the soul purpose of my not caring to cook on Sunday nights.
:)

LPBeier said:
Uncle Bob, got any leftover chied fricken?

Yep! Sure do...Plenty of graaaaaavy too...Oh!!! And some cold biscuits from this morning...You could "bust" open a biscuit, smother in gravy, add some Louisiana Hot Sauce and......Yummy!!!

Sattie, my dear dear friend, why didn't you tell me this sooner. I might have given up MIL's rouladen for this!

I could have told you yesterday... when I went grocery shopping yesterday, I saw the large awesome shrimp, that is when I knew what was for dinner today my dear!!!!

You will have fun, even with the old mustard carrots!!!

In honor of my DD 2 yr Birthday I am making her a 6 lb lemon roasted chicken, roasted potatoes and roasted carrots.....then for desert....roasted birthday cake! :mrgreen:

Well if that don't beat all....Now I wish I hadn't eaten so much dinner...I would come eat supper with you........;) .. I love Swimps and stuff........

Back
Top Bottom