Dinner, Sunday Feb.11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So far caramelized onion beef short ribs in the crock-pot. Soon things will be smellin' good. Other than that, inspiration has escaped me. Maybe I'll get more creative as the day goes on. At least the main course is in place.

Bourbon...WTRB
Shrimp po-boys...dressed..Plenty of Louisiana Hot Sauce
Zapp's Potato Chips (CrawTators and Jalapeno)
Oatmeal Cookie and "Stromberry" Ice cream
Community Coffee & Chicory

King Do style boneless pork chops with melted cheese on top, served with vegetable rice (I think) either that or Potatoe wedges, not made my mind up yet, eitherway they only take 30ish mins to do from start :)

One of two things...either fried ham steak with eggs and toast or tacos. Pretty opposite ends of the "food line" but either will do! :eek:)~

Calamari!

But that is too short a message, so, calamari dipped in cornflour and flash fried served with a lot of lemon wedges :chef:

well, since it is only 8:34 am on a sunday morning.....i have no idea.So far all i can think about is a hot cup of tea.But i will come up with something as the day goes on...

Last night, with my mother here, made her favorite meal. Make Baked barbecued beef ribs that were in there for years, baked potatoes with butter and stilton and chives, au gratin brussels sprouts, baked apples and this new to me corn bread recipe that I got from a coworker. Oh my gosh so stupidly good, I can't say, anyone wanting a fun idea for corn bread let me know, I'll PM you with the recipe.

Tonight dinner is already going. It's crock pot chili, with tons of stew meat, ground pork ground beef, seasoning up the wazoo and pinto beans that soaked all day yesterday. The corn bread from last night we'll have too and a salad so I get my greens in. I will make DH a dessert as he asked for one last night and I hadn't made one. It may be a butterscotch cake with crean cheese icing, he loves that.

Blessings on this Sunday...

I'm hanging with my nieces and we'll be making the delicious yet deadly hot dogs stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon. Nitrates, anyone?

well here it is sunday again and I'm getting things ready for the big and little kids..
Clam chowder, then they have a choice of:
1-roast beef panini, with either spinach or arugula, smoked gouda cheese and blue cheese sauce
2-turkey, cranberry sauce, and a thin layer of gravy, a light layer of dressing, and greens if desired and either smoked gouda or teleme
3-proscuitto, a dash of parm, and brie, greens
4-ham,choice of any of cheeses mentioned, greens thin sliced red onion
5-Salami, provolone, any of the greens or plain. All panini on either foccacia or sour dough bread...fruit salad and creme brulee for dessert...
kadesma:wacko:

I made ziti with pomodoro sauce and a side of ricotta cheese. I also roasted two chickens with garlic, lemon juice and oregano.

Ohhh, one day I would love to be invited to CJ's dining table, place myself amidst those beautiful kiddies and enjoy all the goodies she dishes out!!:-p

(Promise, I will do the dishes!!:LOL: )

I think I will do oven baked porcini and prawn stuffed crepes with bechamelle on top, despite its simple and easy preparation they taste gorgeous and look pretty elaborated...;)

well, i still have no idea what i'm going to cook for dinner.last night i made teriyaki chicken breasts,broccoli and tortellini with a tomatoe sauce...and nobody stayed home to eat(teenagers:rolleyes: ).still have time to decide
~maybe grilled ham & cheese snawiches with a green salad on the side...

I roasted an olive oil/garlic/oregano rubbed chicken in my good old Ron Popeil rotisserie & served it with a green salad, & a plain buttered head of "orange" cauliflower, which I really liked. The cauliflower variety is called "Cheddar" & is naturally orange-colored due to having beta-carotene present. The flavor was wonderful - definitely milder than regular white or purple cauliflower varieties. And the bright orange color stayed the same during cooking.

I liked it enough to where I might try growing it as a fall crop here in my vegetable garden.

Back
Top Bottom