"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-18-2007, 09:38 AM   #1
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink Dinner Sunday, Feb. 18

Whats everyone cooking today ? - need some ideas - clueless !!

Old 02-18-2007, 09:46 AM   #2
Executive Chef

I just took a pound of shrimp out of the freezer so I'm about to do some searching for new ideas. First I need to check out my MasterCook.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:25 AM   #3
Everymom

Chili cookoff tonight. Wish me luck!
Old 02-18-2007, 10:35 AM   #4
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
Roast Chicken and Spring greens for me, the DW having sprouts instead of spring greens.

Good Luck Alix :)
(although I`m sure you won`t need it)

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:48 AM   #5
Head Chef

Good luck Alix!

We had a healthyish brunch, based around some left over split pea soup. And, because of going to rome yesterday the cupboards are looking bare. we decided to take a lazy day together andd just came back from a walk where we picked up some essentials and non essentials. Including some maple syrup, which I have been craving for ages.

And its certainly milder out, I was too warm with my coat on. I think we'll have either a carbonara tonight, or maybe a lighter pasta, and then pancakes and syrup for pudding!
Old 02-18-2007, 11:02 AM   #6
Executive Chef

Good luck Alix! After your day is complete, care to share your winning recipe? I adore chili, I think most do. Mine doesn't contain tomato of any sort as hubby suffers with acid reflux. Mine last week was divine. I got lucky. I can't wait to hear how you do on today's event! Clapping here in southern California for you!!!

I just posted what our meal turned out to be last night. Gad, what a good dinner. Again, I got lucky with my skill. Tonight. Hum...Let me look in the freezer, then I'll write more........

Still have leftover veggies, potato salad and 'crisp' from last night and it was a sweet faire, so tonight, it should be more savory.

Okay, got it. I'll do this.......
Cooks.com - Recipe - Osso Bucco
and I'll use up the reruns from last night too. Brown rice and no need of veggies as they're in the osso bucco. Plus, STRAWBERRIES AND PEACHES WITH BALSAMIC ZABAGLIONE Recipe at Epicurious.com this ought to make a good finish to a hopefully glorious meal. I will have just one tablespoon
Old 02-18-2007, 11:09 AM   #7
Executive Chef

Well, today is PeppA's birthday. I'm going to make some Seafood and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms, snow crab, and something with shrimp. I've got 2 lbs of shrimp to play with. Probably some Scampi, as she adores that. I've got some chicken tenders marinating for the kids, which I'll bread and fry. I'll probably have to come up with one or two other sides to make everyone happy. I have some buttermilk baking mix, so I'll probably make some Faux Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:16 AM   #8
Master Chef

Prayer group tonight is clelbrating Chinese New year as our food theme so I am making egg drop soup to take.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:19 AM   #9
Executive Chef

Prime rib for us tonight. Yippeee, I get my red meat fix!!!!
Old 02-18-2007, 11:29 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

for us since it's been so beautiful and nice here. We are going to grill burgers, to go on the burgers we have swiss,cheddar,blue cheese to go between the patties. Then comes your choice of lettuce,tomato, onion slices, avocado,bacon, for starters stuffed mushrooms with sausage,cream cheese, herbs, garlic, onions, salsa and chips, and long green chilies the italian long green sweets cut in half the long way, dipped in tempura batter, put on cookie sheet, then fill the pepper with pepper jack cheese and bake in oven til cheese melts and bubbles, the rest of the meal after the appys is cucumbers in sour cream and dill, proscuitto,chicken,cheese stuffed tortelini salad with pesto mixed with some mayo and red wine vinegar, diced red onions and halved grape tomatoes, baked beans, olives,pickles, deviled eggs and dessert a ricotta, chocolate cake...

kadesma