Dinner, Sunday Feb. 24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Finally decided on spaghetti with clam and portobellas in a creamy garlic sauce, salad and garlic bread. Cake for dessert

leftovers from last night....

Pear and goat cheese salad:
img_555624_0_fdc256ce199b15c1e0792751e2a992be.jpg

Penne w/ vodka sauce and some sweet italian sausage
img_555624_1_a026f5bc05e3036dcb83c6a63d7cc83c.jpg

Chicken Piccata
img_555624_2_992b6df5c897d7fb2a89554ae2ef20d1.jpg

all came out great, vodka sauce was outstanding :)

Going to throw some rib eyes on the grill .. Left over ABTs from yesterdays
birthday party .. left over baked beans .. and some mac and cheese ..

Hubby wants a big Chicago style deep dish pizza, so we are having that while we watch the Oscars.

Sunday gravy with meatballs, sausage, bracciole, and veal neck bones. Penne or spaghetti cooked....my son likes one, my daughter the other. Fresh ricotta, italian bread just warmed and one loaf of garlic bread. Tossed salad.

Left over cookies or citrus pound cake for dessert.

We are having steak, baked potaoes and aspargus. I am going to try a mushroom/wine sauce that I found here today. YUM

Yea it's Sunday:LOL: We are having bbq pork sandwiches,with cheese and grilled onions, roasted asparagus with proscuitto and parmesan shavings, baked beans, and Ethan and Cade ordered chips,fruit salad, and dessert is a surprise, daughter insisted on bringing it..:ohmy:

kadesma

With cocktails we'll have roasted garlic-rosemary spread on Melba toast. For dinner I'm preparing a pork loin with raspberry sauce, roasted potatoes and haricot verts. Just pulled a shoofly pie out of the oven for dessert.

I had the last of the Ratatouille, wasn't really hungry tonight.

Redkitty, I love ratatouille and also love making it; however no one else here is that into vegetables so when I make it I make it for me and end up eating it for many days. When I cooked at camp last year we had several vegetarians on staff (as well as campers each week) and I would make it almost once a week - they loved it!

Tonight is a sirloin tip roast with mashed potatoes, roasted carrots, yorkshire pudding and gravy with a green salad. That's for the guys. I am going to have the salad with some cheese, seeds and dried fruit added, and some lentil soup I have had in the freezer.

Cheesey potato soup
Fresh baked bread
Fresh baked cinnamon rolls...

All from scratch. A pretty big feat for me!

Angie, good for you! I rarely attempt yeast bread but I should do it more often, especially this time of year. Hope everything was enjoyed, and appreciated.

Tonight is lasagna and a tossed salad I believe. My dad made a french bread loaf, just like the one we had a week or so ago (it was delicious), except this time it turned out a little differently. Looks more like flatbread to me. :LOL:

I made the no-knead flatbread crust and topped it with roasted garlic olive oil, dried oregano, caramelized onions, roasted red peppers, marinated artichoke hearts, chopped leftover roast chicken, and mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Turned out great. We had green salads on the side, and I finished off with a bowl of butter pecan ice cream. Don't know why, but I've been craving ice cream lately, even though it's cold :wacko:

Jerseyjay, that salad looks lovely!

I had the last of the Ratatouille, wasn't really hungry tonight.

thanks, its become an instant favorite of mine, i make it all the time. quick, simple, and with some italian oil and vinegar dressing the flavors are great. handful of greens, slice some pears and cheese and its good to go!

Tonight I cooked a pound of baby Calamari in a jar of unbelievably hot & spicy Trader Joe's Arrabbiatta pasta sauce. First time in my life I didn't have to add a single thing to jazz up a jarred sauce!! Served it over some Barilla linguini, along with a nice crisp Romaine lettuce salad.

We had the left over Burger Dogs. Was not a day for cooking today. We have a busy week. Having a dinner party next weekend, so we rested this weekend other than tearing the kitchen apart.

Back
Top Bottom