Dinner Sunday Feb 25th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am going to an Academy Awards party and I am not sure what the hostess is having for dinner.

I am bringing a delicious chocolate cake that I got from Costco today.

I am having a chicken and broccoli casserole. My family calls it Something Harry Loves. It is named after the elementary school principal that my mom used to work for. He loved this dish that one of the teachers used to bring to potlucks. It is a layered dish:

broccoli
cooked shredded chicken
A mixture of cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, and lemon juice
cheddar cheese
bread crumbs mixed with melted butter

It is very yummy and is one of those comfort foods from my childhood. With it I think I will have a huge helping of spinach sauteed in olive oil with garlic.

Buck said:
Katie E and I are having Veal Oscar with Academy Award sauce, theatrical potatoes, debut of green beans and critic’s choice greens with blockbuster dressing.
Surely this meal will get rave reviews.

Unlike what Buck posted earlier, we're having garlic-butter broiled salmon, baked potatoes and salad.

SierraCook said:
I am having a chicken and broccoli casserole. My family calls it Something Harry Loves. It is named after the elementary school principal that my mom used to work for. He loved this dish that one of the teachers used to bring to potlucks. It is a layered dish:

broccoli
cooked shredded chicken
A mixture of cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, and lemon juice
cheddar cheese
bread crumbs mixed with melted butter

It is very yummy and is one of those comfort foods from my childhood. With it I think I will have a huge helping of spinach sauteed in olive oil with garlic.

Could you share a little more about this recipe? It's sounds delicious!!

I made a shepherd's...excuse me...a cottage pie this evening. I was debating between that and tacos as I had some hamburg to use. I haven't made this since I have lived on my own(4 years) so it was a great treat!

We are all in and out of the house tonight during the dinner hour (I hate it when we can't eat together!) so I made tacos for everyone but me. And I made ME a great big huge pot of chicken soup with lots of garlic and onions in it. MMMMMmmmmm!

awww, guys, laughter is sweet-where would i be without you?:LOL: love posts when they drip of sarcasm, tee-hee. his/hers posts especially.
your meals look yuumy, also!

Last edited:
Well, tonight I made something new - "Egg Fu Yung Frittata" - lol!!! My mom used to make little individual Egg Fu Yung pancakes with this great-tasting sauce, so I still used the sauce, but made one big frittata of the ingredients instead & cut it into quarters. It was great.

The "Egg Fu Yung" itself was made from a couple of tablespoons of diced red onion, 6 fresh diced shitake mushrooms, a handfull of diced snow peas, a handful of "broccoli slaw" (a mix of julienned broccoli stems, carrot, & red cabbage), a handful of frozen green peas, a handful of thawed & diced frozen cooked shrimp, a handful of fresh bean sprouts, & 8 beaten eggs.

The sauce was a can of Campbell's condensed Golden Mushroom Soup heated & thinned with 1/3 of a can of dry sherry, 1/4 can of water, a sprinkling of granulated garlic, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, & 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce.

It was delicious!!

lamb shoulder "casoulet" with garlic sausage and white beans. Mustard greens with broth n bacon. crusty semolina bread.

Lunch today was all-u-can eat pizza buffet.

For dinner I went to the grocery store and got frozen pork rib patties in BBQ sauce, heated them per directions, then put them on toasted homemade french bread topped with onions and pickles and pepper. McRib ... ala Chef R :)

jpmcgrew said:
:) Corazon will appreciate this.Green chili and pork posole with all the sides and fresh flour tortillas.
yum! you are right! My mouth is watering. We are trying to be conservative with our green chile, we only have 2 jars left. :ohmy: One of my favorite meals is a boneless, thick pork chop that I cut a little pocket into. Then I stuff it with shredded cheddar and green chile. Bread it in panko and fry it in olive oil. You should try that some time. I think I started a thread a while back. I'll see if I can find it for you.

We had homemade mac and cheese for dinner. Or as Aidan called it, butterflies and cheese (I used farfalle). He loooooves mac and cheese but decided tonight that he doesn't like it anymore. :wacko: I had dark chocolate dove easter eggs for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom