Dinner Sunday Feb 25th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
veal scallopine, deciding what starch/veggie, maybe also a fruit dessert as i was too stuffed to cook dessert yesterday.
you?

Not quite sure yet, wanted to try making Shrimp PoBoy's, but need the shrimp and everything outside is covered in ice. Don't know if I want to send DH or not. If not we will have Breakfast -!

After seeing bethz-s pizza- (looks yummy) Now we are having Take out PIZZA!!

Last edited:
I am back in my kitchen after a nice vacation in sunny south florida. I am making chicken stock, a black bean chili soup and who knows what else. I loved dining out but miss cooking my own meals.

elaine l said:
I am back in my kitchen after a nice vacation in sunny south florida. I am making chicken stock, a black bean chili soup and who knows what else. I loved dining out but miss cooking my own meals.

Where did you go in Fl, and where did you eat?

elcameron said:
Where did you go in Fl, and where did you eat?

We were in Boca Raton. My dh's family all live in that general area. We dined at Fifth Avenue Grille, PF Chang's, Whale's Rib, The Breaker's to name a few.

kind of an Indian Tapas, there mini spring rolls, samosas, pakora, bhajis, sashlik, etc...

all store bought though, just arrange then on a cookie tray and slap em in the oven for 10 mins :)

I Know, I`m perfectly Shameless :)

homemade pizza

the crust will be made in my bread machine with semolina, whole wheat, and unbleached white flour

toppings will include home canned tomato sauce, with home grown, sauteed onions, garlic, and green peppers, and locally raised and processed, minced smoked ham, with a dusting of Wisconsin parmesan cheese.

forgot to say, homemade ricotta cheese too. I have now replaced mozz cheese with my ricotta cheese on pizzas

and............here it is/was........

Attachments

• DSCF0035 (2).JPG
    DSCF0035 (2).JPG
    269.8 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Today will be failry easy, using an indoor grill, will do some filets, with a blue cheese sauce, sauteed mushrooms, asparagus roasted in evoo and garlic,then wrapped in procuitto with parm shavings, salt,pepper and a little of the evoo from the roasting pan.Making a crab salad with louis dressing, but going to add some crab meat to it. Twice baked potatoes and hot french rolls. dessert is something my girls had and want me to try. You melt butter in an oven proof pan, add some garlic and top it with sugar and then roast til tender..You put two rounds of brie on a large platter. Heat some chocolate til melted. Then fold the garlic into the chocolate pour that over the brie. surround it with baguette slices and strawberries and dig in:LOL: We shall see how this tastes...I said this would be an easy meal, that's cause the girls don't know it just yet but they are going to learn a lot about cooking today. So easy means for me!!!!:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

appy, salad, soup, main, dessert

1). jumbo shrimp wrapped with bacon then flash fried dipped in home made coctail sauce
2). wilted spinach salad with hot bacon/molassas dressing, with red onion, hardboiled egg, walnuts, mandarin oranges
3). chicken/cilantro/southwest soup, home made out of the freezer
4). cube steak dredged in seasoned flour, then sauteed, then drowned in broth and water & cooked slow, covered, until they only need to be cut with a fork
5). a baker that I'll halve as one is too big, DH's will be topped with butter and sour cream, mine with salsa and chives
6). chocolate/peanut butter cupcakes with a Reece's inside topped with vanilla frosting
7). water for me, Colorado Bulldog for him

Last edited:
Chicken noodle soup, pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy, biscuits, asparagus and a tossed salad. For dessert, nut and poppy seed cake.

:ohmy:

Ciao Ragazzi!
I'm just back from my long weekend away and I thought DH, who is a great cook, would have whipped somthing up, but no! I was on my freet a lot so I have sent DH out for take out. I really do not fancy pizza, however super they are here, so he's going to go to a place selling a concept I have not come across before, the Jewish kebab place. This will be our third meal from there and his falafel are scumptious and his houmous is extremely good, and he also sells things like pickles, chrain and soup crackers so we always come home with more than supper. I don't know what will be in the bag tonight but I'm sure it will be lovely.

Katie E and I are having Veal Oscar with Academy Award sauce, theatrical potatoes, debut of green beans and critic’s choice greens with blockbuster dressing.
Surely this meal will get rave reviews.

Back
Top Bottom