Dinner, Sunday Feb. 3rd.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're having hamburger soup loaded with veggies(dh broke a tooth,:rolleyes: so something not too hard to eat) and homemade rolls. Cupcakes for dessert.

We had a fried eggs, bacon and toast for lunch, so we're not thinking about food yet.
We have hot crab dip, boiled shrimp and pizza for later.

Cardamom/lime sticky cinnamon rolls for starters.
White beans in a hummas fashion with a variety of chips and crackers.
Tempura jumbo shrimp with two sauces.
The tempura is fizzy water/ice chips/corn starch/masa harina/smoked salt/confetti peppercorns/sugar. Grapeseed oil is what I deep fried them in. Sauces are:
1. mayo/honey/garlic/onion/salt/pepper.
2. catsup/mustard/wasabi/horseradish/mayo.
Roast pork rolled in BuckyToms house seasoning.
Scalloped potatoes.
White and yellow corn in butter sauce.
Baked apples in butter/brown sugar/cinnamon/butter/salt/butter/and more butter.
Yorkshire pudding with butter.
We'll eat when the yorkshire pudding is done baking, right after, as you have to eat it quick or it droops!
Watching the game..........

i was intending to make buffalo wings for an appy, and either roast a rosemary leg of lamb or grill some marinated boneless chicken thighs and breasts (1/2 in fajita marinade, 1/2 in balsamic-herb marinade), but things ran late and the game came on so all i accomplished were the wings.

they came out extremely good, as far as broiled/baked wings go. they weren't too dry, but a good amount of fat was cooked off as they remained tender.

at least i have the chicken and lamb ready to go for the next couple of nights this week.

Pancakes with an egg on top, bacon, and Ol-blues potatoes. Ate on the floor in front of the TV since the table is still covered with stuff from the kitchen.

Penne with sauteed garlic, onions, fresh tomatoes, and spinach, tossed with crumbled goat cheese.

DH wanted a beer-butt chicken, so the oven cacciatore will have to wait for another day. We put thyme and sage under the skin and served it with green salad and mashed potatoes.

Back
Top Bottom