Dinner, Sunday Jan 27th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight I've got a Vegeterian Lasagne. The layers of pasta are seperated by a tomato and pepper sauce and with ricotta and spinach. I've not followed a recipe so I have no idea if it will work. It's in the oven, sadly the top layer of lasagne is not very well covered as the sauce ran out, I've grated some cheddar(VERY ITALIAN!!!) of the top to see if that helps prevent the pasta sheets on top from burning.

easy....tortellini with pomodoro sauce and garlic bread.

That's after a trip (stictly for recon purposes:rolleyes:) to Rutt's Hut in clifton, nj.

Tex-Mex lamb ribs, which have been marinating for 24 hours in a mixture of cumin, chili powder, cayenne, garlic, freshly ground black pepper, salt, and olive oil. They'll be baked several hours, covered, then uncovered and baked an hour or so while they're basted with orange marmalade and red wine vinegar.

They'll be served with white cheddar grits and green beans.

Cinnamon streusel butter cake for dessert.

Have a couple slabs of ribs slow roasting in the oven, will put on grill when time to eat - baked potatoes, asparagus/grilled portobellas/onions and crusty sour dough bread.

Just made a strawberry/cake dessert !!

Last edited:
I had big plans for cooking today since it is cold and snowy but the man wants to take the kids out for pizza. Oh well another time.

I decided I wanted an omlette. Too long to wait til tomorrow, so,
omlettes, fried potatoes, maybe a salad, not sure I'll have room!

Bacon cheeseburger meatloaf (thanks ol blue) Haven't decided what else,prob mashed tatoes and corn.

Tex-Mex lamb ribs, which have been marinating for 24 hours in a mixture of cumin, chili powder, cayenne, garlic, freshly ground black pepper, salt, and olive oil. They'll be baked several hours, covered, then uncovered and baked an hour or so while they're basted with orange marmalade and red wine vinegar.

They'll be served with white cheddar grits and green beans.

Cinnamon streusel butter cake for dessert.

WOW - your dinner sounds great. You do realize we live in the same state right, hint hint........ ;);)

Yep, I knew dat!;) Aren't you in the Covington/Cincinnati area?

I live about 10 miles south of Cincinnati and I work in the downtown Cinti area. I could seriously swing by for some by for some of those ribs, but it might be kind of a haul. :rolleyes:

Katie, would you please post the recipe for Cinnamon streusel butter cake?

Thanks!

Lee

Back
Top Bottom