Dinner - Sunday, January 15, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DebLynn

Senior Cook
I'll start this one today 'cause I'm excited about today's dinner menu. Thanks to the many suggestions I got when I posted for some ideas for a Mexican menu. I'm having company over for food and playoff football,

I'm putting shrimp on a short skewer and its marinating in a tequila lime vinaigrette. Those will be grilled and served with whole grain chips and tomato salsa. Then, I have chicken breast marinating in chili seasoning, lime, garlic and oil. That will be grilled and sliced thin for fajitas with red and green peppers and onions. Fajita toppings will be shredded cabbage, diced tomato and sliced avocado. Black bean and corn salsa as a side and I'm making a yellow rice (with achiote) as another side.

Dessert is Edy's vanilla ice cream (that is our splurge- love the Edy's!) topped with a frozen fruit mix that I got frozen at Trader Joe's- mango, pineapple, stawberry and blueberries in a simple syrup.

Strong coffee and Corona.

thankfully the cable guy just left after restoring my cable reception, just in time!

Grilled hot wings and a carrot, celery, cauliflower veggie platter.

I'm fighting a cold and don't feel like cooking. Fortunately there's lots of chili left over. I may get out the rice cooker and make a batch of rice to serve the chili over just to change it up a bit from last night.

I was able to get a 1 pound beef shank for about $2, going to braise it with carrots, celery and potatoes. Time for some beef stew I think.

I found a recipe online for Moroccan Merguez Ragout that I've had bookmarked for a while now. It sounds very unusual. Basically it's a tomato-based stew with lamb sausage and poached eggs. In addition, it calls for ras el hanout and harissa, neither of which I have, so I'll have to mix those from scratch.

Should be interesting. Wish me luck. :chef:

Pollo ala crema over rice for dinner tonight. My husband is in need of some comfort food as he is dealing with death of a best friend's wife (she was only 30 and they have a 2 year old son). I just kind of want to feed him something so he'll feel loved.

Spiced tomato soup for us. All done just waiting to reheat once the parents are ready to eat. I'm in bed with my book trying to get warm.

left over salmon patty, with creamed spinach on top. couple of veggies. maybe one will be fresh baby carrots just steamed. if i do the carrots will have a green veggie also. even though the spinach is green, probably won't put on enough to count as a serving. popcorn for dessert.

I'll start this one today 'cause I'm excited about today's dinner menu. Thanks to the many suggestions I got when I posted for some ideas for a Mexican menu. I'm having company over for food and playoff football,

I'm putting shrimp on a short skewer and its marinating in a tequila lime vinaigrette. Those will be grilled and served with whole grain chips and tomato salsa. Then, I have chicken breast marinating in chili seasoning, lime, garlic and oil. That will be grilled and sliced thin for fajitas with red and green peppers and onions. Fajita toppings will be shredded cabbage, diced tomato and sliced avocado. Black bean and corn salsa as a side and I'm making a yellow rice (with achiote) as another side.

Dessert is Edy's vanilla ice cream (that is our splurge- love the Edy's!) topped with a frozen fruit mix that I got frozen at Trader Joe's- mango, pineapple, stawberry and blueberries in a simple syrup.

Strong coffee and Corona.

thankfully the cable guy just left after restoring my cable reception, just in time!

That's sounds really yummy.

pulled pork, potatoes par boiled then put in dish and covered with carmalized onions, some parmesan and romano cheese, put in oven to melt cheese, two half cabbages red and green sliced thin then dressed with a small amount of mayo, vinegar. sugar a bout a cup of torn cilantro mixed together with some thin cut challot,corn and carrot salad, rolls, and cake balls rolled in chocolate then frozen.
kades

I'm making salisbury steak (in meatloaf form) with mashed potatoes and bacon fried brussels sprouts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom