Dinner Sunday January 23, 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm making the Italian Beef that Frank posted last week. Smell great already and it just went in the crockpot. Can't wait.

I made up a new recipe (see red for tonight's dinner.)

Sausage Biscuit Dressing

My Take

Brown:

1/3# Ground Sausage
Handful frozen diced Celery
1 chopped Onion
8 smashed garlic cloves lightly chopped*

Make Impossible Pie mixture:

¾ C Bisquick
1 C Milk

Drain sausage mixture and add to the Impossible Pie mixture.

Adjust IP batter for quantity and thickness.

Pour into sprayed casserole and bake at 400 for 25 minutes or until a knife in the middle comes out clean.

Serve with White Gravy and butter. Make white gravy with bisquick and evaporated milk.

*I plan to toast the garlic lightly in the bacon fat until it's soft like in the Garlic Soup recipe. I'll take it out when it's done and put it back in later.

I have to wait until Thursday's shopping as I'm out of Gr. Sausage, but I do have some bacon, onion, celery and garlic so I'll make it that way for dinner tonight.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of trying the bacon cheeseburger meatloaf recipe. Heading to the store for duct tape (how in the world did we ever run out?) so can pick up the fixings.

Lunch today is a split toasted English muffin with Chicken Salad on one side and Pimento Cheese on the other. Mmmmm!

I have no idea...Shrek is 65 today and hasn't let me know what he wants for his dinner.

Made french bread and cooked chicken breast. Made an awesome chicken Parm sandwich. It was delicious. The bread had just came out of the oven so it was nice and fresh.

Blintzes and bacon with real maple surple. Husband has been asking for them for ages and I'm just getting around to it. I have to make it "breakfast for supper" because he only does half the carbs for breakfast and dinner as he does for supper, so this lets him eat more!

I have no idea...Shrek is 65 today and hasn't let me know what he wants for his dinner.

Pass on a Happy Birthday from me to Shrek!!!!!

How about something that was popular to eat is his birth-year? You could have a retro-dinner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom