Dinner Sunday July 18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Ah ma's Sunday,
Today marinated tri-tip, and potato salad,garden tomatoes,mozzarella with basil, orzo with sauteed mushrooms,onions, garlic. baby greens and herbs salad, Then,Parmesan,garlic bread, Fried peppers, starter is just my dad's avocado dip with more bread or chips, watermelon and our first melon from the garden. Soft serf chocolate ice cream for dessert. What's up at your house?
kades

Grilling up some boneless chicken breasts for fajitas, grilled corn on the cob, black beans, and sliced fresh tomatoes from the garden.

Not sure just yet but I know I am making more brown stock. I have to keep plenty of stock on hand because the kids love soups and the brown stock is used to make some delicious aujus or gravy.

having a late lunch or early dinner with my daughter. i bought giant and i mean giant turkey sandwich with cheese on a big french baguette . it is least two inches high so we will split it. mac salad with cheese peppers and sour cream. also store bought. hot here to cook. pound cake with lemon sauce and blueberries. iced tea or coffee.

i'm on vancouver island so there is going to be fresh sockeye salmon two ways, mixed salad from the garden ,beets ,-pinot grigio followed by some ale and watch the tour de france.

Grilling up some boneless chicken breasts for fajitas, grilled corn on the cob, black beans, and sliced fresh tomatoes from the garden.

It was just too hot to stand over a grill so it was leftover buffet and some fresh veg.

Appy: Fresh Peach Milk Shake
Grilled Tri-Tip
Big Salad
Corn
Dessert: Peaches and Cream Pie

Bowtie pasta with tuna, lemon juice, green chiles, extra sharp cheddar, spices, etc. Steamed broccoli on the side.

I'm on my own tonight, so I have no idea. I picked up some groceries last night, so it could be anything.
This was my dinner... salad greens (ice berg lettuce and spinach), green pepper, tomato, crumbled bacon, sliced cucumber and a little melted mozz. cheese. That was all in a tortilla bowl that I did in the microwave. With the salad was also sliced chicken tenders, ranch dressing and wheat bread.

img_909251_0_043633c7a0416a51050c012b6a46aae1.jpg

img_909251_1_066f2492046ba803402d84503ab3c6c4.jpg

img_909251_2_2cd08484c5180a8444c8bb10a5292813.jpg

Took cold plate for Dad and I and my sister arrived with some shepherd's pie so we divided everything up three ways and had a veritable feast!

This was my dinner... salad greens (ice berg lettuce and spinach), green pepper, tomato, crumbled bacon, sliced cucumber and a little melted mozz. cheese. That was all in a tortilla bowl that I did in the microwave. With the salad was also sliced chicken tenders, ranch dressing and wheat bread.

img_909274_0_043633c7a0416a51050c012b6a46aae1.jpg

img_909274_1_066f2492046ba803402d84503ab3c6c4.jpg

img_909274_2_2cd08484c5180a8444c8bb10a5292813.jpg

directions for tortilla shell in micro, please. your dinner loods delicious

The gorgeous perfectly medium-sized eggplants, heirloom tomatoes, & huge bunches of basil were too hard to resist at the farmers market Saturday, so last night I turned them into a nice "Eggplant Parmegian". Bought one black-skinned eggplant, along with one violet-skinned & 2 small white-skinned. Sliced them up, seasoned them, & baked them on baking sheets until partially cooked through; then layered them with fresh sliced heirloom tomatoes (used a purple variety), sliced soft fresh mozzarella, whole basil leaves, some jarred "Paul Sorvino Marinara Sauce" (delicious stuff by the way), & some shredded 3-cheese mix.

Turned out great (how can you screw up Eggplant Parm? Lol!) & served with some rotini pasta & a nice green salad.

Plan to have some of the leftovers for lunch, & for Eggplant Parm Subs later this week.

Back
Top Bottom