Dinner, Sunday July 20th!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
beer can chicken .. keilbasa ..
bacon and cheese french bread ..
corn on the cob ..
salad ..

Sounds delich!!!

I was going to do lamb, but I have so many leftovers that I think I will pass on cooking tonight and indulge in one or more of the following:

Left over pot roast
or
Left over lazy style cassoulet
or
Left over flat iron steak
or
Left over mini burgers

Decisions decisions!!!

I am thinking about the grilled pizza. I might also make a cake...........

We just came back from the Oceanfront where we stopped at a seafood market and picked up some striped bass caught locally this morning. Not sure what I'll do with it yet - I'm thinking maybe a marinade of olive oil, lemon juice, white wine and fresh thyme from the garden then onto the grill. I also got some squid and will try making calamari for the first time - I'm going to use Giada's recipe. Saw her make it and it looks pretty easy.

I'm also making my first batch of pesto from the garden and will make bruschetta with grilled bread, pesto, and chopped romas from the garden, topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. And a green salad will round it out.

Last edited:
I love fresh pesto!!!! I don't even know why I was buying the store bought stuff, but after I found how easy it was, I was hooked. I have about 4 basil plants that I raid regularly!

I'm going to be grilling steaks tonight but my DF is requestion it to be marinated in a mustard sauce...I use to have a recipe for a good one but cant seem to find it anywhere....anyone with a good recipe using mustard on steaks?

Grilled ranch lemon chicken
Lemon dill gold potatoes, boiled then grilled (then caught on fire)
Fresh corn on the cob

Leftovers. Boring.
Especially after DH had recorded a bunch of Diners Drive-ins and Dives episodes and a few Guy's Big Bite (can you tell who he likes?) and made me watch all afternoon.
Everything looked so yummy, and I got leftovers.
Yay me.
:)

We had a church picnic for lunch - one of our families is moving away. I left it tonight until the boys said they wanted something - we were close to 7:30 (they normally eat at about 6:30). So they had a pasty (Nick) and a pork pie (JJ)

I ate 1/2 of a whole wheat pita, with 1/2 cup of grilled chicken, romain lettuce, 1/4 c of reduced fat feta and a cucumber/ low fat yogurt with dill and garlic with a small green salad with organic ceasar salad. And for dessert a Weight Watchers fudgecicle. The guys ate corn dogs and chili, lol :eek:)

I had a Little Sneazers pizza around 1:30, the whole thing, so wasn't feeling very much like supper, but at any rate I grilled some corn on the cob and also some french fries/wedges about an hour ago. I guess I had a vegeterian dinner.....

I ate 1/2 of a whole wheat pita, with 1/2 cup of grilled chicken, romain lettuce, 1/4 c of reduced fat feta and a cucumber/ low fat yogurt with dill and garlic with a small green salad with organic ceasar salad. And for dessert a Weight Watchers fudgecicle. The guys ate corn dogs and chili, lol :eek:)

good for you, wish i could say the same. calories wise that is.

babe:ROFLMAO:

I am thinking about the grilled pizza. I might also make a cake...........

Ok, trial and error. All the recipes I read said to cook over high heat. My crust cooked real quick and burnt in 2 minutes. I also used too much cheese. I ate around the burnt crust. Its was great! I will work on this to get it right. I can tell that when I get it perfected I will not order another pizza again. Very easy, quick and good!:chef::chef:

SIL decided to make dinner tonight....all by himself. He did barbequed chicken breast, mashed potatoes and corn. While it could have had some salad or green veg, I am not complaining! He did very well!

It was my grandson's second birthday, so I did kid-friendly stuff: BBQ hot dogs, grilled corn on the cob, too. I also made a farfalle pasta salad with cherry tomatoes, feta, pine nuts, parsley, and halved black olives, and jello jigglers. My son-in-law, the pastry chef, provided the birthday cake--a wonderful key lime mousse with sponge kind of thing. It was SpongeBob Squarepants yellow with bubbles. Hard to describe the way he decorated it, but it was yummy. It's been so long since I've had hot dogs that I had a hard time remembering what sides are traditionally served with them. Oh well. It all got eaten, and enjoyed, I think.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom