Dinner, Sunday July 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we are having a birthday party ... so far it looks like this ..
pulled pork from the butt i smoked yesterday ..
hot dogs , hamburgers, bratwurst and ABTs will be on the grill ..
mac and cheese , potato salad , fruit tray , baked beans ...
then birthday cake ...
i need to get to work ...

Grilled chicken caesar salads, homegrown tomatos and triple berry bars for dessert. It hot here y'all!

I'm going to pick up some fish at the grocery store. To go along with that, probably steamed brocolli and rice.

resuing items from the freezer...some old stuffed pork roast will heat up well in the fry pan, and some dauphinoise potatoes will mash up and reheat well too. Greens will be fresh, whatever I find.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with some leftover Jerk Chicken. I'm roasting some garlic and shallots to make a roasted garlic dressing so I think I'm going to clean out the fridge with a sort of Jerk Chicken pasta salad using the roasted garlic dressing, I have some roasted corn, etc., etc. I love making up tons of different salads in the summer!

*artichoke ravioli with basil pesto and grated parmesan
*sliced avocado
*broccoli salad with soy nuts, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, and crumbled bacon

I hope that you all have had a nice relaxing and enjoyable Sunday!!:)

I have beef kebobs, w red peppers, button mushrooms, tomatoes, sliced zuchinni and onions (w herbs/spices & worcestershire sauce) going on my indoor grill - & buttery couscous w onions on the side. Will serve the kebobs over the garlic bread. Dessert - undecided.

yt, k.t.e., and el joanne, recipes please? pork is never out of season, and those sound great.

we ate at the sopranos pizzeria in totowa after a day of furniture shopping on 46. and my son got his first "hot wheels" set, so it was a 50/50 day.

we had a coupla slices (good, but oily cheese), grilled chicken ceaser salad, and a pepperoni, egg, and onion hero.

the salad was very good, but the hero awesome. the eggs were light and fluffy, and the pepperoni and onions shaved to match the texture. worth remembering.

Last edited:
mines quite easy really.
2 large handfulls of fresh coriander
2 cloves of garlic
a large peice of ginger
and chili flakes
shed all these and put into a large bowl.
add olive oil, lime juice and saltand a little sugar, then mix well.
it should look like the stuff that gets wrapped around the blades when you`ve finished mowing the lawn.
add the pork chops and coat them well.
leave in the frige for a good 24 hours, giving them a mix everynow and then.
the marinade will losen up a little.
then put the whole lot in a meat tin and into a hot oven and cook until done (about 30 mins).
and juice left over gets put into a small sauce pan and thickened with cornflour to make a dip for the potatoe wedges.

buckytom said:
yt, k.t.e., and el joanne, recipes please? pork is never out of season, and those sound great.

we ate at the sopranos pizzeria in totowa after a day of furniture shopping on 46. and my son got his first "hot wheels" set, so it was a 50/50 day.

we had a coupla slices (good, but oily cheese), grilled chicken ceaser salad, and a pepperoni, egg, and onion hero.

the salad was very good, but the hero awesome. the eggs were light and fluffy, and the pepperoni and onions shaved to match the texture. worth remembering.

buckytom--I just brown the boneless pork chops on both sides, put on a sliced onion and top it with a can of cream of mushroom soup (that I add about 1/4 can of water) and just a little Kitchen Bouquet for color. I cover the pan and cook on low, about 20 minutes. My DH loves them cooked this way. So fast and easy on a busy day. JoAnn

Back
Top Bottom