Dinner - Sunday June 17, 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
Special Dinner: Prime Rib, slow cooked green beans with onions and bacon, mashed potatoes with a few of Uncle Bobs ideas on cooking with red potatoes. The Prime Rib will be served with au jus sauce and a horseradish sauce I made yesterday.

appetizer: a small veggie platter with a homemade veggie dip I made yesterday plus some mushrooms cooked in butter, spices and a mixture of 1/2 and 1/2 plus kikoman terriki baste and glase.

desert: homemade carrot cake by deeppitbbq and the Firenza Chocolate Estasy Strawberry Short Cake by Caine. Both cakes made yesterday.

: )

Wish me luck and success.
oh and homemade razberry ice tea and of course soda's, milk and wine if people want it. There is only going to be a total of 7 people here.

We are doing the Fathers day meal I talked about in the Fathers day thread and the venting thread:ROFLMAO: Thankfully I got everything re-done!!!

kadesma:wacko:

have about 10 lbs of baby back ribs smoking now ..
going to throw some chicken thighs and some
sausage on later .. dw is working on
potato salad and a peanut butter pie ...
today is going to be a good day ..

I've got some lamb, some filet, and some chicken marinating in 3 different sauces (filet in sesame ginger, chicken in teriyaki and the lamb in a tandoori thing I concocted).

Gonna turn em into shish kabobs! And then for dessert I'm gonna get some plums, pineapple and a couple other fruits and make some fruit kabobs off the grill.

We had DH's Father's Day meal request yesterday so today we just had burgers on the grill and roasted potato wedges (also on the grill). I was hungry for green beans so frozen green beans were our side dish and I'm washing my hands of green beans until the fresh ones come into season--they always disappoint me! I was nice (and trying to be healthy) so I gave yesterday's leftover apple pie to my dad since it's his favorite, so there's no dessert tonight. :(

We are going to have chicken quesadillas here in a bit with some leftover chicken and fajita fixings I have on hand. We had a big Fathers Day lunch earlier with thick ribeyes on the grill, Caesar salads, roasted red potatoes and mud pie for dessert.

My dad requested tri-tip for Father's Day, so for dinner tonight we had:

mesquite grilled tri-tip roasts (I grilled two, so we would have some leftovers for sandwiches)
spinach sundried tomato pasta salad
grilled fresh pineapple rings brushed with a brown sugar lime glaze
lemon basil garlic shrimp grilled on the grill
French bread
and watermelon for dessert

Father's Day dinner here just consisted of husband & I plus our furred & feathered "kids".

Dinner was 4 pounds of large, sweet, succulent, Alaskan King Crab Legs with melted lemon butter, along with ears of fresh white corn grilled in their husks out on the charcoal grill & slathered with lime/chili butter.

even though the father of the house wasn't here (away visiting family) we decided to celebrate!:chef:

soo we started off with some bread and butter (we were just standing around the kitchen so and having some)
then made sushi for the first time (it came out great!)
then grilled potatoe "chips" that had been marinading in thyme, lemon zest, garlic, S&P and EVOO.
also cooked some corn up then put it on the grill. we had that with a squeeze of lemon, a sprinkle of gara marsala, a little marg. and a sprinkle of salt (omg can you get any better!?!?!?!?!)
and yes, we decided to make a strawberry rhubarb pie with the best darn vanilla ice cream for dessert. But that was only because we had gotten a flat of strawberries at Caza's farm that we had to use up!;)

Back
Top Bottom