Dinner - Sunday, June 3?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's raining!!!! and i'm going out to the garden to pick more spinach. making another spinach and chicken and parmesan cheese casserole for dinner. and a whole lot of burgers on the grill for lunch and DH's packed lunches for the week. I hope I get drenched!!

I am marinating some chicken breasts in an adobo sauce and we're grilling them along with green peppers, vidalia onions. We'll have chicken fajitas with all the fixings. I'm about ready to get my sangria going too (can't have fajitas without sangria or margaritas) - maybe a strawberry tart, if I'm feeling extra motivated.

Slowroasted pork from Canulli Bros. in South Philly, sauteed garlic with rasins and garlic and potato salad.

I'm dying for decent rice pudding, too.

don't know yet....
we were talking about roating some potatoes or doing something with orzo, i'v been thinking about making a TNT spinache bake, there was also some talk of ordering in on friday (which didn't happen so it may be carried on into sunday), i really want a veggie dog though.
so in short...havn't really decided yet.:wacko:

i have two Pork Tenderloins marinating in garlic and herbs ..
DW wants me to make mac and cheese ..
probably grill some sweet corn ..
and throw together a salad ...
now .. what wine ...:ermm:

have several (6) racks of ribs to bbq,they are now waiting all rubbed and cozy..a tortellini salad with tomatoes, extra pine nuts, vidalia onions, tossed with pesto,mayo,rice vinegar,a baby yukon gold,red babts,baby green beens, evoo,sliced onions vinegar,salt and pepper,a platter of fruit,sliced apples,tuscan melon,grapes,watermelon,cherries,strawberries,blueberries.
Took a ciabata, sliced it in half the long way, buttered, with garlic butter, then added finely minced parsley,basil,a little mint and spread that on the buttered part, topped with the other half and wrapped in foil, will grill that when the ribs are just about done...There is also some foil wrapped corn on the cob to grill..Dessert I made vanilla bean ice cream and fresh strawberry ice cream yesterday that and some of Katie E.'s devils food cake, should do it. buzzer's beeping cakes ready to be tested for doneness..Seeeee Ya,
kadesma..

I'm grilling squid, brined pork chops and chicken. I am trying to get some leftovers for green salads this week.

Tonight we'll have our choice with a green salad and a spinach/br rice casserole.

a whole mess of Lamb chops (over a kilo) with new potatoes and peas and Plenty gravy and mint sauce.

it`s Gut-Buster night :)

besides, I got a good deal on Lamb chops the other day so why not!

Center cut pork chops on the barbie, and I am finally going to try those au gratin potato pellets that Omaha Steaks sent me. Vegetable is so far undetermined. I have corn (on or off the cob), green beans, broccoli, carrots, mixed Italian, or mixed Asian.

Gorgeous and HOT day here. Took a rack of beef ribs outta the garage freezer 2 hours ago to semi defrost. Made a bbq sauce from frozen home made pasta marinara sauce and added to it in my Braun food processor that doubles as a blender {who knew?}:LOL: molassas/treacle/brown sugar/garlic cloves/shallots/chives/red onion/catsup/honey/a spot of liquid smokie/dijon mustard/Dave's **** fire and brimstone. Crockin on high. Potatoes with lima beans roasted, cut same size. Bathed in butter, salt and pepper, Caprese salad as I have yard tomatoes that I must use, frozen mozzarella, and yard basil with that Tuscany balsamic expensive stuff we adore. Still have that lemon cheesecake I made before I left, frozen in individual portions. Can you tell I've had no sleep.:ROFLMAO:

beef eye round marinated in I-don't-know-what-yet.
green salad
maybe Bisquick cheese biscuits, but more likely some carrots or green beans.

I prepared & ate a couple of Pesto & sun-dried tomato stuffed burgers from supperthyme usa the other night -posted the link. All the ingredients are included - you just cook it up. It came with a yummy pesto cheese sauce, that was delish. I cooked up some home fries & had a salad with, & fruit salad later on. So, I have one boiga left, I may save for a lunch. Tonight, I want to try the Thai coconut shrimp & rice. Meanwhile, I want to do a closet intervention, & see how far I get - as dinner is a long way off.

Not sure...I just made three dozen banana muffins. Today is Kenzo's birthday (my male dog)..he's 7 so I'd like to make something he'll like (table scraps for the special occasion).

beef roast questions - red blood in the zip lock bag

I have a beef roast that has been defrosting in the refrigerator. I have a question or two.

1. A lot of red blood is in the ziplock bag now. What does this mean? I always wondered if I'm suppose to still use this.

I think tomorrow I might do a simple crock pot roast with potatoes and carrots.

Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the roast, because it was wrapped in the freezor and I never labeled it.

That's it for now I think. : ).
Thanks!!!!

Having sliced leftover roast beef and gravy on top of mashed potatoes. Green beans for a veg. and mushmelon for a desert.

Back
Top Bottom