Dinner, Sunday March 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Red Beans and Rice....Beans cooked in a wonderful ham bone stock..With plenty of ham, and just for good measure a little Andouille, and Tasso added in...French bread for those that want it, and Cornbread for everyone else...(ME);)

barbecued chicken breats(bone in) that will either be marinated or brined ..
will decide that in a couple mins.
pot of red beans simmering right now to go with it ..
and a side salad ..

Leftovers

The rest of the store-bought honey and jalapeno chicken
Cherry tomatoes, marinated in Italian dressing, add s&p, then sautee
Potato Salad

No dessert

last night's leg of lamb becomes tonights lamb and mushroom stew ... brown cooked lamb n a little bacon fat, sautee onions and mushrooms same way, add a beer and simmer 1/2 hr. make a medium roux to thicken, add leftover cooked veg from the roast, (or fresh earlier), parsley pinch of thyme and fresh pepper. serve over noodles or noodles and cabbage or rice.

(you can add a can of mushroom soup instead of the roux...the beer hides the fact it is a "soup" recipe.

great way to use up leftover roast (works well with pork too)

Since we drank dinner last night... food is low on the priorty list today.. maybe some chicken soup.

Woo Hoo it's Sunday:LOL: So, chili beans, Mexican rice, shredded carnitas tacos with all the goodies, nacho's to start..a platter of nice cold shrimp,with cocktail sauce, a salad of carrots,golden raisins, pineapple and mixed with some sour cream and mayo, , a big fruit salad and and some long green chili's cut the long way, seeded, dipped in tempura, then put on a cookie sheet and filled with pepper jack cheese and baked til cheese is golden and bubbling..Dessert? just Ice cream cones with your choice of,either chocolate with candy and nuts in it, coconut, orange sorbet,vanilla,strawberry and that is it:LOL:
Happy Sunday,
kadesma

I am exhausted to the point of delirious. DH is taking his nap to get ready for work.
I'm skipping dinner and the kids are having whatever they bring me the box of from the cabinet. Good chance it'll be cookies or wheat thins.

That sounds really good GG!
I've got to back through the threads and pull up a pork butt recipe and a slaw recipe from that one thread I started (I think).

fruit snacks and honey nut cheerios wins.
that's healthy right? fruit? grain? I need a nap.

quilting

been working on my wall hanging quilt, and am pooped.so

tomato soup and grilled cheese, either strawberries with whipped cream or the very last of the cake.

babe

ps. quilt is looking good.

:ermm::ermm:

Woo Hoo it's Sunday:LOL: So, chili beans, Mexican rice, shredded carnitas tacos with all the goodies, nacho's to start..a platter of nice cold shrimp,with cocktail sauce, a salad of carrots,golden raisins, pineapple and mixed with some sour cream and mayo, , a big fruit salad and and some long green chili's cut the long way, seeded, dipped in tempura, then put on a cookie sheet and filled with pepper jack cheese and baked til cheese is golden and bubbling..Dessert? just Ice cream cones with your choice of,either chocolate with candy and nuts in it, coconut, orange sorbet,vanilla,strawberry and that is it:LOL:
Happy Sunday,
kadesma

Hmmm, I think I will head West for dinner;)
We had processed hot dogs.

Back
Top Bottom