Dinner - Sunday March 4th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tonight

I am having fire roasted chipotle marinated chicken pizza. The sauce will be made using fire chared tomatoes and roasted garlic. The crust was made froma sour dough culture i have had going for about a year. After the pizza comes out it will be topped with either guacomole or diced avacado (i haven't decided yet), queso fresco, a roasted tomatillo serano salsa, and fresh cilantro.

I'm fixing bison tenderloin with a little Creole seasoning with mushroom/red wine sauce, Jerusalem Artichoke gratin, Carrots with capers, probably apples and cheese for dessert.;)

Hubby, TC, & I will be munching on leftovers form todays lunch at church. I brought home ham & chicken fingers that the church provided & green bean cass., pineapple cass., hashbrown cass., & strawberry cheesecake bars that I made. If Savannah feels like eating anything, she'll have chicken broth, jello, or saltines. It seems that she has picked up a stomach bug & isin't feeling too well.

Crewsk, I'd like to hear more about that pineapple casserole, if you don't mind. I love pineapple.

DH announced we're having ribeyes, baked potatoes and salad tonight. Who am I to argue? ;)

kadesma said:
Family sunday is here;) Today we are having garlic rosemary fried chicken with a drizzle of wine as it finishes in the oven, garlic mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus with evoo,prosciutto and shaved parmesan, a big green salad of dandilion greens, butter lettuce and frisee, tomato, red onion, avocado,cucumber and evoo and balsamic...Before hand, bruschetta with tomato,peppers,mozzarella,basil, plus a hot jalapeno artichoke dip with crackers..desserts asked for by my Cade, chocolate pie with whipped cream and his request of ya know Ma I love pumpkin pie and whipped cream too..So that is on the menu as well...:LOL:
kadesma, happy sunday everyone:)
I thought you picked up some veal pocket for suppers? :ohmy: :LOL:

I'm having a deep dish pepperoni, sausage and mushroom pizza.:cool:

Constance, I was going to post a link to a thread about it on here but for some reason after I copy something I can't paste it. Anyway, if you do a search for pineapple casserole & look near the bottom of the results page, you'll find it. In the meantime, here's my recipe:

1 (16 oz.) can chunk pineapple
1/2C. sugar
3Tbsp. flour
1C. grated cheddar cheese
1 stick butter or margirine, melted
Ritz crackers crumbs (about 1 tube)

Spread pineapple with juice in 8x8 casserole dish. Mix flour & sugar; sprinkle evenly over pineapple. Cover with grated cheese. Top with cracker crumbs & pour melted butter evenly over top. Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes or until top is brown & bubbly.

Uncle Bob said:
Bourbon....Old Weller 107 {did you mean Old Yeller?}:LOL: sorry couldn't resist:ohmy:
Maybe Some chicken salad...with grapes, water chestnuts etc. I open fire roasted one yesterday Or...
I need to finish up a gallon of oysters I bought...
I want need much..Had a huge lunch!

whatever you decide, enjoy your meal...............:wacko:

So, I made the haul into town and will hopefully reap it's rewards. Sounds good!

We'll be having
Lasagna - with spinach, mushrooms and sausage
Big Salad - butter lettuce, tomatoes, cukes, avocados, shredded carrots, dried crans, gorgonzola, sunflower seeds and I'll make some croutons with rosemary bread

Dessert!
Lemon Almond Tart with whipped cream

I spilled some almond extract on my pants. I'm gonna walk around smelling like an almond for the rest of the day. :LOL:

Yesterday marked the end of the Chinese New Year celebrations (Chap Goh Meh) so we decided to patronise the one and only Chinese restaurant in Volos. The food is not exactly my cup of tea but since it is the only game in town we gave it a go. We started with spring roll, followed by Tom Yam soup (Thai). The main course consisted of Cantonese Fried Rice, Sweet & Sour Pork, Beef with Green Capsicum in oyster sauce (too salty) washed down with green tea.

Back
Top Bottom