"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-04-2007, 07:54 AM   #1
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink Dinner - Sunday March 4th

I am fixing a roast chicken, stove-top dressing, roasted broccoli, cole slaw, crusty bread and choc. pecan pie for dessert.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:27 AM   #2
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb L.
I am fixing a roast chicken, stove-top dressing, roasted broccoli, cole slaw, crusty bread and choc. pecan pie for dessert.
Your dinner sounds great Barb-
Jimmy is getting baby lamb chops which he will marinate in garlic and rosemary and grill. He just left for the market-God only knows whatelse he'll come back with!!!!
I hope every one has a wonderful Sunday dinner!
Love and energy, Vicki

Old 03-04-2007, 09:48 AM   #3
Executive Chef

roasted beef sirloin, some kinda potatoes and broccoli
Old 03-04-2007, 10:12 AM   #4
Executive Chef

I have a new name for New York No Knead Bread. It's New York No Rise Bread. It didn't work. I was talking to a friend yesterday, a fellow Discuss Cooking member, and she told me it may be the expiration date on the yeast. It didn't budge one bit when I just saw it this morning. I chucked it and started a new batch just now with yeast that I know is alive. Fingers crossed. It's already moved more than the bowlful yesterday.

I'll do a makeshift Shepards Pie for tonights dinner. Only thing I need to buy-potatoes and I'd like to get some interesting vegetables too instead of the typical peas and carrots. We'll see what's in the market.

Happy Sunday to you all.

reason edited......to let you all know that in my trifle bowl where my dough is resting in my turned off oven, it's already half way up to the top. YEAH! are your fingers crossed for me?
second reason edited......I'm watching Ina and she's doing chocolate peanut butter cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting. So, for dessert, I'm making those for my doll. What's not eaten is going to work with him tomorrow for the coffee circle as otherwise, they'll be dangerous sitting around here on my kitchen counter.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:30 AM   #5
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
I`m doing a YT Special Chinese Curry :)

no rice either, I think I made enough for an Army (again).

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:49 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Family sunday is here Today we are having garlic rosemary fried chicken with a drizzle of wine as it finishes in the oven, garlic mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus with evoo,prosciutto and shaved parmesan, a big green salad of dandilion greens, butter lettuce and frisee, tomato, red onion, avocado,cucumber and evoo and balsamic...Before hand, bruschetta with tomato,peppers,mozzarella,basil, plus a hot jalapeno artichoke dip with crackers..desserts asked for by my Cade, chocolate pie with whipped cream and his request of ya know Ma I love pumpkin pie and whipped cream too..So that is on the menu as well...
kadesma, happy sunday everyone
Old 03-04-2007, 11:03 AM   #7
Executive Chef

That sounds divine, kadesma! One of these Sundays, I'm bound to come knocking.

I don't know what we're having. I planned to make a nice meal but dh had to take the car to work yesterday so I didn't get to go grocery shopping. Maybe I'll go into town today??? Don't know. We don't have much at home. Maybe enough for a shove by but I want to make something great!!! I want to spend a few hours in the kitchen making something delicious!!!
Old 03-04-2007, 11:26 AM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
That sounds divine, kadesma! One of these Sundays, I'm bound to come knocking.

I don't know what we're having. I planned to make a nice meal but dh had to take the car to work yesterday so I didn't get to go grocery shopping. Maybe I'll go into town today??? Don't know. We don't have much at home. Maybe enough for a shove by but I want to make something great!!! I want to spend a few hours in the kitchen making something delicious!!!
Cora,
anytime, I'd love to have you knocking at the door..You have to bring the boys and dh too..My little guys would have a ball playing with the kids...
What do you have on hand in the refrigerator or freezer or pantry? Maybe all of us could put our heads together and see what we can stir up :)
kadesma
Old 03-04-2007, 11:29 AM   #9
Head Chef

I've cobbled together a ragu. Warm, easy, comforting and soporific. Urgh, where did the weekend go!
Old 03-04-2007, 11:45 AM   #10
Senior Cook

Sunday so I will roast a chicken and serve it with baked yams, broccoli & cauliflower and Lemon cake for dessert. May have daughter and boyfriend here after their day of skiing.