Dinner - Sunday March 4th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
I am fixing a roast chicken, stove-top dressing, roasted broccoli, cole slaw, crusty bread and choc. pecan pie for dessert.

Last edited:
Barb L. said:
I am fixing a roast chicken, stove-top dressing, roasted broccoli, cole slaw, crusty bread and choc. pecan pie for dessert.
Your dinner sounds great Barb-
Jimmy is getting baby lamb chops which he will marinate in garlic and rosemary and grill. He just left for the market-God only knows whatelse he'll come back with!!!!
I hope every one has a wonderful Sunday dinner!
Love and energy, Vicki

I have a new name for New York No Knead Bread. It's New York No Rise Bread. It didn't work. I was talking to a friend yesterday, a fellow Discuss Cooking member, and she told me it may be the expiration date on the yeast. It didn't budge one bit when I just saw it this morning. I chucked it and started a new batch just now with yeast that I know is alive. Fingers crossed. It's already moved more than the bowlful yesterday.

I'll do a makeshift Shepards Pie for tonights dinner. Only thing I need to buy-potatoes and I'd like to get some interesting vegetables too instead of the typical peas and carrots. We'll see what's in the market.

Happy Sunday to you all.

reason edited......to let you all know that in my trifle bowl where my dough is resting in my turned off oven, it's already half way up to the top. YEAH! are your fingers crossed for me?:-p
second reason edited......I'm watching Ina and she's doing chocolate peanut butter cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting. So, for dessert, I'm making those for my doll. What's not eaten is going to work with him tomorrow for the coffee circle as otherwise, they'll be dangerous sitting around here on my kitchen counter.:brows: :dizzy:

Last edited:
I`m doing a YT Special Chinese Curry :)

no rice either, I think I made enough for an Army (again).

Family sunday is here;) Today we are having garlic rosemary fried chicken with a drizzle of wine as it finishes in the oven, garlic mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus with evoo,prosciutto and shaved parmesan, a big green salad of dandilion greens, butter lettuce and frisee, tomato, red onion, avocado,cucumber and evoo and balsamic...Before hand, bruschetta with tomato,peppers,mozzarella,basil, plus a hot jalapeno artichoke dip with crackers..desserts asked for by my Cade, chocolate pie with whipped cream and his request of ya know Ma I love pumpkin pie and whipped cream too..So that is on the menu as well...:LOL:
kadesma, happy sunday everyone:)

That sounds divine, kadesma! One of these Sundays, I'm bound to come knocking. :LOL:

I don't know what we're having. I planned to make a nice meal but dh had to take the car to work yesterday so I didn't get to go grocery shopping. Maybe I'll go into town today??? Don't know. We don't have much at home. Maybe enough for a shove by but I want to make something great!!! I want to spend a few hours in the kitchen making something delicious!!!

corazon90 said:
That sounds divine, kadesma! One of these Sundays, I'm bound to come knocking. :LOL:

I don't know what we're having. I planned to make a nice meal but dh had to take the car to work yesterday so I didn't get to go grocery shopping. Maybe I'll go into town today??? Don't know. We don't have much at home. Maybe enough for a shove by but I want to make something great!!! I want to spend a few hours in the kitchen making something delicious!!!
Cora,
anytime, I'd love to have you knocking at the door..You have to bring the boys and dh too..My little guys would have a ball playing with the kids...
What do you have on hand in the refrigerator or freezer or pantry? Maybe all of us could put our heads together and see what we can stir up :)
kadesma :)

I've cobbled together a ragu. Warm, easy, comforting and soporific. Urgh, where did the weekend go!

Sunday so I will roast a chicken and serve it with baked yams, broccoli & cauliflower and Lemon cake for dessert. May have daughter and boyfriend here after their day of skiing.

I just laid out some chicken, and am going to go browse through Food and Wine for some new ideas. Too lazy to hunt on the net... We are currently reorganizing the daughter's room, and by the time she gets done with me, I am suspect I am going to be tired. That inborn "move the clock an inch to the left, and the dresser over 3 feet, nevermind, put it back... etc." is rearing it's ugly head today. Don't know where she gets it from :dry:

shannon in KS said:
I just laid out some chicken, and am going to go browse through Food and Wine for some new ideas. Too lazy to hunt on the net... We are currently reorganizing the daughter's room, and by the time she gets done with me, I am suspect I am going to be tired. That inborn "move the clock an inch to the left, and the dresser over 3 feet, nevermind, put it back... etc." is rearing it's ugly head today. Don't know where she gets it from :dry:
what sort of chicken do you have? pieces with bones, boneless skinless, a whole body? my idea is do you have some jam or preserves? my first thought would be apricot/peach/pineapple or plum, and stick in microwave just to warm it and soften it a bit, then to that, add some balsamic vinegar just to give it an edge to the sweet of the jam. wash and dry, season with salt and pepper the chix, rub butter on it all over then rub down with the jam mixture, place in oven proof baking dish in 350 oven for 40 minutes or so. poke to insure juices run clear and it's done.

I've got a beef brisket smoking on the grill right now in a mix of hickory, cherry and pear wood. After it takes on a good bit of smoke, I'll wrap it in foil and finish it in the oven. Sides are roasted red potatoes with garlic, olive oil and rosemary and sugar snap peas for a veg.:)

we are having a early b-day party for DH so i am making homemade baked beans(all ready done),scalloped potatoes,pork loin roast,rice pudding and the 4 year old thinks it is no birthday without getting his daddy a cake...so i had to go out today and buy one--need something to put the candles on--haha.

Bourbon....Old Weller 107
Maybe Some chicken salad...with grapes, water chestnuts etc. I open fire roasted one yesterday Or...
I need to finish up a gallon of oysters I bought...
I want need much..Had a huge lunch!

We're having a huge spinach salad... or that was the plan.

Now I've decided to fly over to kadema's instead!!

pdswife said:
We're having a huge spinach salad... or that was the plan.

Now I've decided to fly over to kadema's instead!!
Well come on:LOL: There's enough to feed a small army as usual..
kadesma

Grilled Rib Eye Steaks, Double Baked Potatoes, Asparagus, Tossed Salad and chocolate cupcakes. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom