"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-09-2008, 11:00 PM   #21
Master Chef

wer'e fixing nuttithin cept' veggies. so is an 'ol couple.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:06 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

baby shower

no dinner as such for me tonight. went to a baby shower for georgia today. they had a nice spread. little sandwiches, salads and fruit. and of course yummy cake.

still kinda full , will have snacks instead of dinner. cheese and crackers. banana bread, stuff like that.

babe

Old 03-09-2008, 11:11 PM   #23
Executive Chef

had a small salad and handful of raw cashews, skim milk and water.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:23 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Had a wonderful meal tonight. I had the opportunity to use the spaetzle maker Buck gave me for Christmas. The meal was fabulous. I could've lived in the pan of buttery spaetzle. The lemon browned butter was a wonderful addition to the dish.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:22 AM   #25
Master Chef

I tried/adapted a new recipe tonight that turned out FABULOUS. Dear husband was practically licking the plate - lol!!

"Baked Scallops with a Creamy Spicy Sauce" was the title of the New York Times recipe, for those of you who might want to do a search. But I adapted it from their "first course" recipe to an "entree" recipe, & it was wonderful.

PM me if you'd like the adapted recipe.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:02 AM   #26
Executive Chef

I had a lamb steak seasoned with souvlaki seasoning cooked medium rare on top of a salad of Kalamata olives, Dodoni feta and halved cherry tomatoes drizzled with a good quality balsamic vinegar and a bit of the oil the olives were bottled in. The heat from the lamb steak started to break down the feta into a creamy sauce and made the tomatoes just warm. The salad became the star of the show after that!! All up a very yummy dinner. (Thankfully, my cat who joined me didn't agree with me, so I was left to enjoy it all on my lonesome.... awwwww. (Yay!!))
Old 03-10-2008, 10:29 AM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

I've set a goal for this year that I want to become as comfortable cooking Asian foods as I am Italian foods - I can throw together Italian ingredients and seasonings and it comes out great, but I'm a bit intimidated by Asian foods. So last night, I made a Thai shrimp curry adapted from this recipe - Curry - Thai Red Curry . It turned out really well. I couldn't find kaffir lime leaves so I used lime juice, and just used a lot of peppers and onions for the veggies, and added a teaspoon or so of sriracha sauce. Spicy, tasty and, as DH said, delish! Oh, and I cooked it in a saute pan instead of in the oven, since I was using shrimp. Served it with spring rolls and spicy peanut sauce.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #28
Executive Chef

Got Garlic, a lot of the Thai restaurants here only use onion and capsicums for veges in their curries too. I do a prawn green curry, making it very thick, and serve in lettuce cups. The prawns are even better cold the next day!!