Dinner, Sunday March 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
baby shower

no dinner as such for me tonight. went to a baby shower for georgia today. they had a nice spread. little sandwiches, salads and fruit. and of course yummy cake.

still kinda full , will have snacks instead of dinner. cheese and crackers. banana bread, stuff like that.

babe:):)

Had a wonderful meal tonight. I had the opportunity to use the spaetzle maker Buck gave me for Christmas. The meal was fabulous. I could've lived in the pan of buttery spaetzle. The lemon browned butter was a wonderful addition to the dish.

I tried/adapted a new recipe tonight that turned out FABULOUS. Dear husband was practically licking the plate - lol!!

"Baked Scallops with a Creamy Spicy Sauce" was the title of the New York Times recipe, for those of you who might want to do a search. But I adapted it from their "first course" recipe to an "entree" recipe, & it was wonderful.

PM me if you'd like the adapted recipe.

I had a lamb steak seasoned with souvlaki seasoning cooked medium rare on top of a salad of Kalamata olives, Dodoni feta and halved cherry tomatoes drizzled with a good quality balsamic vinegar and a bit of the oil the olives were bottled in. The heat from the lamb steak started to break down the feta into a creamy sauce and made the tomatoes just warm. The salad became the star of the show after that!! All up a very yummy dinner. (Thankfully, my cat who joined me didn't agree with me, so I was left to enjoy it all on my lonesome.... awwwww. (Yay!!))

I've set a goal for this year that I want to become as comfortable cooking Asian foods as I am Italian foods - I can throw together Italian ingredients and seasonings and it comes out great, but I'm a bit intimidated by Asian foods. So last night, I made a Thai shrimp curry adapted from this recipe - Curry - Thai Red Curry . It turned out really well. I couldn't find kaffir lime leaves so I used lime juice, and just used a lot of peppers and onions for the veggies, and added a teaspoon or so of sriracha sauce. Spicy, tasty and, as DH said, delish! Oh, and I cooked it in a saute pan instead of in the oven, since I was using shrimp. Served it with spring rolls and spicy peanut sauce.

Got Garlic, a lot of the Thai restaurants here only use onion and capsicums for veges in their curries too. I do a prawn green curry, making it very thick, and serve in lettuce cups. The prawns are even better cold the next day!!

Back
Top Bottom