Dinner, Sunday May 18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eggs Goldenrod with broccoli :)

Attachments

• eggs goldenrod & broccoli.jpg
    eggs goldenrod & broccoli.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 195
katie E, I hope you had a good birthday, and birthday dinner.
It was my mother's birthday, along with the former Pope's, if you remember.
They've both passed, but very clear and full memories. Blessings to you and yours.

Well, I got to the market and found some lovely fresh red snapper so I grilled that instead of the salmon, and made a citrus sauce with shrimp. We had rice pilaf, grilled zucchini & goat cheese rollups (appetizer), grilled asparagus and greek salad. For dessert I served the leftover almond and chocolate tartes. Our guest loved it (he has batching it and eating popcorn and grilled cheese all week!). I love spring/summer weather and cooking light!

My daughter wanted mac 'n cheese so that's what we ate. Not that crap-in-a-box stuff though. Bechamel, white cheddar, marscapone, and parmiggiano. I'm glad she likes her veggies so it's not a struggle to make her eat them.

The little ones have been begging Pa to put up the 11 foot water slide and he did..by the time dinner was ready they all were starving, all that hard work climbing you know:ROFLMAO: So we had grilled tri tip, rolls with butter and melted cheese, grilled asparagus, my dad's beans ahhh how I've missed them and they tasted wonderful, a platter of fruit,potato salad, a platter of stuffed onions for our appy, lime jello salad with pineapple and walnuts, apples with caramel dipping sauce..Ethan asked for them it's one of his favorite things..and I made two strawberry pies and whipped cream to top them..It was fun decorating with the whipped cream..and I had four little mouths right there for tastes:ROFLMAO:
all in all we had a wonderful fun filled day..
kadesma

My daughter wanted mac 'n cheese so that's what we ate. Not that crap-in-a-box stuff though. Bechamel, white cheddar, marscapone, and parmiggiano. I'm glad she likes her veggies so it's not a struggle to make her eat them.

Ironchef, I totally agree with you and always make it from scratch with bechemel; however, I have come to like a mixture of gruyere and gorgonzola and often add leeks to it!

At the camp we were cooking at last summer, just before things got crazy with 600 campers and staff per meal, we had a little Iron Chef competition with all the senior cooks taking their turns. The meals got fancier per day and we were second last. I over heard someone say "all this fancy food is great but I think if someone serves KD and hamburgers I will give them full marks! Unfortunately I had already planned stuffed pork loin! :(:LOL::ROFLMAO:

In my DH's family this is called "Martian Food" because of the green colour. It was even put on our neice's wedding menu as that. :LOL:
Laurie,
great name, you can bet the boys are going to love calling it that:LOL:
kades

Ironchef, I totally agree with you and always make it from scratch with bechemel; however, I have come to like a mixture of gruyere and gorgonzola and often add leeks to it!

At the camp we were cooking at last summer, just before things got crazy with 600 campers and staff per meal, we had a little Iron Chef competition with all the senior cooks taking their turns. The meals got fancier per day and we were second last. I over heard someone say "all this fancy food is great but I think if someone serves KD and hamburgers I will give them full marks! Unfortunately I had already planned stuffed pork loin! :(:LOL::ROFLMAO:

I love adding gorgonzola or a similar type too, but the flavor is a bit too strong for my daughter right now. I'll sometimes add brie, or a similar soft cheese as well. It really gives the sauce a rich creaminess. Nothing beats a homemade cheese sauce base.

Last time my son was here with the baby's, I made a 5 cheese mac and cheese using gorgozola/white cheddar/velveeta, okay it's not really cheese/american/mozzarella. Made a white sauce, added the cheeses to melt, poured over the fusilloni, then briefly baked. They said, Yukko...:(

Back
Top Bottom