Dinner, Sunday May 18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Making Lemon & Herb Roast chicken with roasted carrots and potatoes.

Not sure what other veg, it depends on what looks good at the store when I'm shopping.

putting a bunch of flowers in the garden today and
all sorts of other yard work that we have been neglecting ..
so the family has asked for burgers and dogs on the grill ..
and i am more than happy to oblige ...
will make some baked beans and potato salad to go
with it ..

also going to make some ABTs ..

Last edited:
Stuffed zucchini for the first course.

Short ribs over fresh pappardelle (purchased at the italian festival yesterday) with swiss chard sauteed with raisins and almonds.

cherry upside down cake for dessert.

All my choices today since it's my birthday. Thick steaks on the grill, baked potatoes, sauteed onions and mushrooms, bottle of shiraz to go with. Not sure if I will want any dessert. Can't decide whether or not I want birthday cake. May make a batch of cake mix cookies this afternoon instead.

All my choices today since it's my birthday. Thick steaks on the grill, baked potatoes, sauteed onions and mushrooms, bottle of shiraz to go with. Not sure if I will want any dessert. Can't decide whether or not I want birthday cake. May make a batch of cake mix cookies this afternoon instead.

Happy Birthday!!!!

We aren't sure what we are having. Too much to do in the house today, so it's probably gonna be burgers....

very little! we had a late breakfast, the usual pancakes, and are leaving shortly for a catered luncheon event. I plan on pigging out at the event, and maybe heating up a fresh bowl of carrot soup for a late dinner.

It's DATE night for hubby and I.
Throwing the diet out the window and going to
a new Italian place. We've walked by it many times and it smells so good.
I think I'm going to have the seafood pasta! Yummmmmmy!!!!!!

We are having a good friend come over for a casual dinner tonight as his wife is away. He is a vegetarian who eats fish and our border is a meat-and-potatoes guy who will eat salmon. So, since it is going to be about 30 celius here today I am planning the following:
- Grilled zucchini and goat cheese appetizer
- Grilled salmon, corn on the cob, and a potato for the border, asparagus wrapped in bacon (with some left plain of course)
- Spring greens salad with my poppyseed balsamic dressing
- Rice pilaf for the rest of us
- fresh fruit salad for dessert

I'm single for the next few days as my partner is away on business. So yesterday today and tomorrow I'm using up all those single serving leftovers in the freezer. Short ribs last night, lasagna tonight, and bean soup Monday. Tuesday I'm bringing some of my students over and we'll cook a pot of sauce and do pasta ... some will add grnd beef, others will do mushrooms, some just the marinara on the spaghetti. Ths way I can teach them some basic kitchen skills before they head off to college.

Fried Chicken
Cornbread
Purple Hull peas
Okra & Tomatoes
Fried Eggplant
Cold Slices of Vidalia onions..
Iced tea..
Maybe a brownie later.....

thinking along the lines of DaveSoMD - got chicken and some lemons I need to use up.

But only two of us tonight. HH is leaving for a junket in Baltimore in about an hour.

I lied earlier, Sunday brunch ended up being a little later than planned at MIL's house, it was more like dunch.
I think I will make PB&J.

pdswife. date night. I think that's wonderful.
Enjoy.
As for me, fish on the grill, baked potato-sweet or not, I'm not sure, and salad.
Getting too hot here to plan that far ahead. The heat turns you off often to the notion of eating, unless it's grilled of course.

Thanks Silver. We're so busy these days that we have to plan date nights or we'd never see each other when we weren't busy doing something work related.

Grilled brats and grilled turkey kielbasa with relish, sauerkraut, and brat mustard and my mom's macaroni salad.

Back
Top Bottom