Dinner....Sunday May 29, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
What's on everyone's plate for today? :chef:

I'm going to nibble on farmers market goodies. A fruit salad of nectarines, peaches and plums, and I think I'll slice up some of that enormous cucumber and dip it into some ranch dressing. Probably some Triscuits on the side. It's too hot to cook today and I need to get started on that produce. :)

Yesterday was approaching record high temps, and the beaches were packed. Today it's 52 F, overcast, with light fog rolling in off the ocean. Comfort food night - meatloaf, mashed potatoes, broc.

Yes and it was supposed to be only high 60's here today and it's closer to 80. :ohmy:

I made a salad dressing with catalina French, apricot jam, ( similar to yesterdays's grilling / basting sauce), a drizzle of tiger sauce for some sweet heat and a squeeze of lime juice. Pretty good, balance not quite perfect, so I added a spoonful of Famous Dave Bbq sauce. Another dribble of Tiger sauce and then it was better.

Salad was sliced grilled chicken, grilled corn kernals, cuke, tomato, onion, black olives, and topped with avocado slices.

watermelon and ice tea.

Um, were we all supposed to fast on Sunday? :ermm: I never got the memo. 2:00 AM on Monday and I'm only the fourth person to admit to eating on Sunday...

Our weather here is supposed to be wicked bad for much of Memorial Day itself, so dear SIL asked if it was OK for us to come over for a cookout on Sunday. I said "hey, you'll learn soon enough that with your hubby now retired, EVERY day can be 'the weekend'". :LOL:

She made steak...and potato salad. Geez, looking just like my leftovers from Saturday night. :huh: Ah, fresh green beans, and cukes and onions in sour cream. Now we're talking "different". She made delicious blueberry pie, I made a dreamy cherry clafoutis. Lots of smiling tummies by the time we were done.

No pics. Didn't want to be gauche at the relatives.

3 AM Monday morning. I didn't really cook yesterday. Had a quart of leftover beef stew that was deliberately way too loaded with meat. Shredded some of the beef (chuck) for lunch burritos and ate the rest of the stew for dinner.

Made a small meatloaf. Just enough for two sandwiches. Will eat the second sandwich tomorrow. :angel:

Craig made meatballs with a piece of the pearl moz in them, tomato sauce, cooked some rigatoni, mixed it all together and baked it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom