Dinner Sunday, May 3rd, 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pictures:), inspired by Vanilla Bean:cool:
Wow, that looks good! I wish I could see more of your frittata. Your salad and rolls look devine! :chef:

I decided to make chili. It's not a lot of work, and that'll be for Mark... I'll take some to work tomorrow.

My friend Jennifer and I went to Ruby Tuesday's, out by where I work in Tacoma, WA. I LOVE their salad bar. I got that with ice water to drink. She ordered a mini trio burger thing. The appetizer was tortilla chips with a warm spinach-artichoke dip
yum.gif
! That was to die for!! If I have anything, it'll be a snack later... maybe a few Triscuits and cheddar cheese....or, popcorn.

Beth, your salad looks lovely - rolls are perfect! Yum. We went to our favorite little tacqueria for dinner and found them closed to all but "take-out" because of the 'flu. So I got two tacos de carne asada and DH got his usual chicken enchilada. Very very tasty.

Spaghetti Slaw, hum, what is that?
I make cole slaw with cabbage and left over plain spaghetti. Just a regular sweet slaw dressing, mayo, powdered sugar, celery salt, pepper and vinegar. Toss with angel hair cabbage and pasta. Make at least 6 hours ahead better over night.
C

I make cole slaw with cabbage and left over plain spaghetti. Just a regular sweet slaw dressing, mayo, powdered sugar, celery salt, pepper and vinegar. Toss with angel hair cabbage and pasta. Make at least 6 hours ahead better over night.
C

That sounds good! Thanks:chef:

roasted heritage turkey (free range) mashed root veg (spud, carrot, swede), corn bread dressing, gravy. salad of asparagus, grilled marinated shrimp, and orange vinegraitte, cheese course for desert...saga blue and chevre

I decided to make chili. It's not a lot of work, and that'll be for Mark... I'll take some to work tomorrow.
This is the chili I made for Mark. It was more of a throw-together thing. I guess it came out okay. It was better the next day... used white kidney beans, chopped tomato, green onion, diced yellow onion, garlic, spaghetti sauce, tomato paste, chili powder and I even threw in some frozen corn.
img_818878_0_ecb837da5a66bd669cc00ee51b8d71cd.jpg

img_818878_1_2cb96fb65b54e930be28f15bad8316c2.jpg

I ended up being hungry again. So I made a warm hoagie on a toasted (garlic bread) french roll. It was made with a thick slice of roast beef, sharp cheddar cheese, sliced tomato, sliced pickle, mustard and cole slaw (I think I should have added more cabbage to the slaw as it looks a bit runny). It was a messy sandwich, but it WAS good. I saw a similiar combination on a cooking show once, and it looked pretty tasty!

The first picture is the with the bun top slightly off. The second is how it looked all together. I should have cut it, but I think that would have had things oozing out allover the place. :LOL:
img_818878_2_8094f884c6eba9960bab7fd4b59eff79.jpg

img_818878_3_44ec191e0feddaa9dfba01e5639eb24a.jpg

Must be the salad at Ruby Tuesday's, earlier, didn't fill me up. :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom