Dinner Sunday, May 3rd, 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
we''ll be shopping today, so it's likely dinner is an early meal of restaurant food.

you.....

Ma's Sunday:LOL:
today is really a mxi, first comes the Salad Cade wanted for his mom. It's the roasted veggies over Mache mix. Roast beef encrusted in finely minced garlic, Italian parsley, finely chopped rosemary and some dry thyme mixed in evoo, gnocchi with sage butter Cade and Ethan have asked for some gravy to dunk bread in, son in law asked for roasted potatoes around the roast, I know, I know, two starches:LOL: warm ciabatta, brownies and ice cream for dessert and that is Ma;s dinner for this Sunday..
Happy Day everyone
kadesma;)

I'm looking at recipes for a large, bout a dozen eggs, asparagus, cheese, baked frittata like casserole. I want to be able to reheat a square for the next couple of dinners to serve with a fresh spinach salad/steamed spinach side dish. Will be baking if off with some dinner rolls later this afternoon....making cheeses right now

I'm looking at recipes for a large, bout a dozen eggs, asparagus, cheese, baked frittata like casserole. I want to be able to reheat a square for the next couple of dinners to serve with a fresh spinach salad/steamed spinach side dish. Will be baking if off with some dinner rolls later this afternoon....making cheeses right now
Beth I did one that my family really enjoyed..I cut my asparagus on the diagnal, and instead of blanching I threw it all into a large cast iron skillet with butter and evoo and sauted the veggie, then added some shallots and several cloves of crushed garlic, let them get soft and fragrant, pulled the skillet off the heat and added beaten eggs and a package of shredded swiss cheese, mixed well and finished off in the oven.The oven was at 375 I cooked til eggs were set and golden on top.
The amount of eggs is up you and the amount of asparagus you use.
kadesma:)

Oh Lasagna sounds good! :chef: I'll have to make some soon, LP!

I'm going out to lunch with a friend at 1 pm, so I don't know if I'll have the appetite for dinner.

I took some ground beef out of the freezer to make something for Mark. We'll see what happens.

Beth I did one that my family really enjoyed..I cut my asparagus on the diagnal, and instead of blanching I threw it all into a large cast iron skillet with butter and evoo and sauted the veggie, then added some shallots and several cloves of crushed garlic, let them get soft and fragrant, pulled the skillet off the heat and added beaten eggs and a package of shredded swiss cheese, mixed well and finished off in the oven.The oven was at 375 I cooked til eggs were set and golden on top.
The amount of eggs is up you and the amount of asparagus you use.
kadesma:)

Thanks for the ideas Kades, I will use the large cast iron skillet, hadn't quite gotten that idea on my own...I had ruled out blanching asparagus in a pot and sauteing veggies in another pan:LOL: ....rolls are in the oven and am about to put together the casserole:)

Swai Fish Tacos with a cherry tomato, avocado, jalapeno cilantro salsa topping;
and mushroom garlic brown rice.
For my tacos I am making some jalapeno thai pepper cilantro "pesto".

Spaghetti and Meat Balls, Salad, Bread. Chocolate Malted Angel Food Cake.

pictures:), inspired by Vanilla Bean:cool:

Attachments

• DSCF0022.jpg
    DSCF0022.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCF0024.jpg
    DSCF0024.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 142
we dined on breakfast while shopping earleir. now jake's cooking a pork loin roast my Dad gave us, with potatoes & carrots. i would way prefer sauerkraut & potatoes with lots of black pepper, 'cept jake hates kraut.
at least he's cooking!
;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom