Dinner, Sunday, Nov. 20th.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice, Pac, and brave! Will take your word for how they turned out!

that sounds and looks delicious, pac. on your recommendation, i'm going to have to order some from that site since we're such fans of "swamp people".

You've done it again Fred! You are very brave and have been rewarded! I would probably try it.....I never say never lol!

We are having Philly CheeseSteaks on freshly baked hoagie type rolls, sweet potato fries and I think maybe a green salad. I have been wanting to make some green goddess dressing with all of the extra green onions in the garden, so yes, green salad. Bon Apetit everyone!

I made a skillet meal using Rice-a-Roni, ground beef, broccoli and meatballs taken out of the freezer. I think it turned out pretty good. My plan was to make something more homemade, but I got groceries today and just didn't have enough time to decide what to do.... talk about a throw-together meal.

img_1073770_0_52429547006bb0cab8514f5ab98bdf0f.jpg

Last edited:
The Philly CheeseSteaks were killer! No salad though, just enough lettuce left for DH lunch. Had a tiny bit if cabbage, so shredded it and topped with a sour cream/mayo minced garlic and green onion dressing. Had a few sweet potato fries too. The only thing missing was a frosty pint of beer, I planned it, but forgot it when it came time to eat!! Darn "old age"!

image-3347900218.jpg

Last edited:
The Philly CheeseSteaks were killer! No salad though, just enough lettuce left for DH lunch. Had a tiny bit if cabbage, so shredded it and topped with a sour cream/mayo minced garlic and green onion dressing. Had a few sweet potato fries too. The only thing missing was a frosty pint of beer, I planned it, but forgot it when it came time to eat!! Darn "old age"!

View attachment 12439
Oh, that looks good! YUM!

View attachment 12439
:yum:

I had Chili.

Last edited:
Chicken breast with potatoes and homemade buffalo sauce, topped with poached eggs.

Cut the breast into bite sized pieces and seasons with S&P and a little garlic powder. I microwaved the potatoes until fork tender, and cut them into bite sized pieces. I sauteed the chicken breast first, then the potatoes to give them some pan cooked flavor. Tossed the chicken back in the pan along with the buffalo sauce (which was Taco Bell Fire sauce, Cholula, Sriracha, white vinegar, S&P, garlic powder, then whisked in cold butter a tablespoon at a time off the heat to thicken it like a beurre blanc.) Tossed the potatoes and chicken in the buffalo sauce and topped with two 4 minute poached eggs. When the egg yolks just perfectly melted into the dish it was decadent.

I just looked around the kitchen and came up with a recipe, I've never made this before. I'm sure my level of inebriation had something to do with a few of the conceptual ideas of the dish but it turned out good. Next time I'd put some kind of light breading on the chicken to help the sauce coat it a little better; I thought the starch from the potatoes would have possibly helped but minor gripe.

Last edited:
Ranchwifeg said:
We're having Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon. I've never made it, so I hope it is as good as everyone says it is. It at least smells divine!

It's lovely, hope you enjoyed. I found out, on accident, that if you cook it and then don't have time to take the meat out and make the sauce (or eat it at all for that matter) and you have to throw the whole thing Dutch oven and all into the fridge overnight (lol), it tastes even more amazing when you finally do get to eat it! (not that this should be a surprise, but it really was so much more amazing) - and by then you don't really need to do anything to make the liquid into a sauce when you reheat it. Also that time I used the Beaujolais for the wine and I think that made a huge difference. Serve with crusty sourdough. Yum.

Dinner tonight was apple pie. Lol. Smelled too good baking, what can I say!

Thanks Dawg, Bucky, Somebun. :)
Bucky, I think you and your son will have a lot of fun with it. Pick a day to cook it when they are running one of their marathons.

Nice cheesesteak Somebunny.

Vanilla, how do you incorporate the rice a roni into the meat and veggie mixture? Do you cook it separately and just mix it in, or add it to the rice and water as it's cooking? Maybe brown it first...
I think I'd like to try something similar using chicken. I used to live on chicken rice a roni, lol. That was to me what those ramen noodles must be to others.

Vanilla, how do you incorporate the rice a roni into the meat and veggie mixture? Do you cook it separately and just mix it in, or add it to the rice and water as it's cooking? Maybe brown it first...
I think I'd like to try something similar using chicken. I used to live on chicken rice a roni, lol. That was to me what those ramen noodles must be to others.

I made the Rice-a-Roni according to the package and cooked the broccoli/meat mixture separately. When the rice was done, I stirred in the broccoli/meat right at the end.

I hate cooking out of a box, but sometimes that's the way it goes. After I got the groceries put away yesterday, I was pooped. Mark liked his dinner. As long as he liked it, I guess it was okay.

It's lovely, hope you enjoyed. I found out, on accident, that if you cook it and then don't have time to take the meat out and make the sauce (or eat it at all for that matter) and you have to throw the whole thing Dutch oven and all into the fridge overnight (lol), it tastes even more amazing when you finally do get to eat it! (not that this should be a surprise, but it really was so much more amazing) - and by then you don't really need to do anything to make the liquid into a sauce when you reheat it. Also that time I used the Beaujolais for the wine and I think that made a huge difference. Serve with crusty sourdough. Yum.

Dinner tonight was apple pie. Lol. Smelled too good baking, what can I say!

It turned out wonderful! I cooked about 3.5 hours, so the sauce was reduced to about 1 cup, so I added about 1 cup more stock. Let's just say that this is what beef stew should taste like. It was so rich just a small bowl was plenty. I will definitely make it again. I used a Chianti and it was good.

A friend invited me over for the first time. The highlights were a pate made with duck and a leg of lamb. I was delighted, it was great. I love lamb, I love duck, I love pate. There was a group of us, but looking at the choices, I can't help but wondering if she geared it to me. Whether or not, I'm a happy girl!

Ranchwifeg said:
It turned out wonderful! I cooked about 3.5 hours, so the sauce was reduced to about 1 cup, so I added about 1 cup more stock. Let's just say that this is what beef stew should taste like. It was so rich just a small bowl was plenty. I will definitely make it again. I used a Chianti and it was good.

It's the one I make when I want stew!

Back
Top Bottom