"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 11-30-2008, 06:10 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm waiting to see if I need to transfer my chicken from my smoker to my grill. For some reason the temp isn't climbing near as fast as it has before, and it's not really that cold here either. Upper thirties maybe. So if anything I'll just be adding a bit of smoke taste to it, along with the ABTs, but I was really looking forward to cooking it with lump charcoal to see if I notice a difference from cooking it on the gasser.
And can you believe they (Perdue) forgot the giblets!? I had a recipe printed out and everything. And had harboiled some eggs.
I'm blaming everything on it getting dark outside so quickly.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:01 PM   #22
Senior Cook

it was cold and howling winds today so I made tortilla chicken soup. Hubby has caught a cold so he needed something spicy to open up his sinuses yet comfort food like a chicken soup so that is what I came up with. I was able to use up the leftover jerk chicken breast from the other night, and added some extra garlic.

If he wants supper later, he'll get a cheesy grilled quesadilla. (tex-mex version of the grilled cheese sandwich)

Old 11-30-2008, 07:03 PM   #23
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I'm waiting to see if I need to transfer my chicken from my smoker to my grill. For some reason the temp isn't climbing near as fast as it has before, and it's not really that cold here either. Upper thirties maybe. So if anything I'll just be adding a bit of smoke taste to it, along with the ABTs, but I was really looking forward to cooking it with lump charcoal to see if I notice a difference from cooking it on the gasser.
And can you believe they (Perdue) forgot the giblets!? I had a recipe printed out and everything. And had harboiled some eggs.
I'm blaming everything on it getting dark outside so quickly.
Sounds like a three finger evening to me (three fingers of cheap whiskey) . Yep, blame the darkness...it can't fight back!

My dinner all came together great, and there was no walleye left. I think I need to get a different large serving bowl. The old large serving bowl had a disagreement with the floor, and the floor won. Just never think about it when I'm in the store. Gotta write it down to remember it anymore.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:14 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

It's been rainy all day, so I never did go grocery shopping. Will send DH tomorrow I ended up making porcupine meatballs with tomato sauce I made from garden tomatoes; will serve that with mashed potatoes, green beans and rolls. Thanks for the thread a few days ago, PieSusan
Old 11-30-2008, 07:28 PM   #25
Head Chef

I ended up trying this recipe because I had all ingredients on hand

Easy Corn Chowder I - Allrecipes

turned out pretty good, I added some mont jack cheese at the end. I would make this again, it is minimal effort compared to the usual corn chowder recipe I use.

I also had a big glass of red wine, so I got it all handled.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:14 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I'm still in re-entry phase from my trip to Atlanta. On son sent me home with lots and lots of leftover turkey and I came home with some of my lime/pineapple gelatin salad and pumpkin pie. At one son's house I traded pumpkin pie for pecan pie, so I have a choice of desserts.

I had some turkey gravy in the freezer, so the plan is to reheat the leftover turkey with some of the gravy, make mashed potatoes, have some buttered peas and eat a small piece of pumpkin pie for dessert.

Not the same as cooking a turkey for Buck, which he dearly loved.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:21 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

I just transferred everything over to the Ducane. The WSM got up to 300F for an hour, but the chicken looks like crap and it was on for a little over 2 hours. I could have been eating already it I had started out on the grill. The ABTs look good though... on one side. Yeah, the chicken looks weird alright. I'm hoping the grill will bring it back to life, so to speak :^)
Old 11-30-2008, 08:22 PM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire

That's a great looking dinner, Joe.
The perfect fish fry.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:36 PM   #29
Master Chef

Roasted cornish hen with rosemary, roasted brussel sprouts, and a pasta of some sort to keep DH happy!
Old 11-30-2008, 09:39 PM   #30
Executive Chef

Leftover Beef Swarma with Tahini sauce, and Greek Salad :)

deelady is offline   Reply With Quote