Dinner Sunday Nov. 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been working on cleaning out the freezer. I have not always be good at rotating my food stuffs in the freezer. So, yesterday I unearthed a herb marinated turkey breast from the depths of the chest freezer. Tonight, I grilled it on the grill and served it with fresh asparagus and basil garlic rotini. For dessert I made Glazed Lemon Nut Bread. I made four mini loaves, so I could share the bread with others. One loaf is going to my parents, one loaf to a coworker, and that leaves two loaves for me. I would give one to my brother, but he does not like lemon bread.

Last edited:
We had dinner at my eldest daughters house this evening. I brought Msmac's feta stuffed mushrooms, they were wonderful and have already been asked for, for Thanksgiving. We also had some lemon pepper wings, daughter who has finally decided to take the plunge and cook, made chicken breasts, pounded, dipped in butter then into a mixtue of taco seasoning and crushed rice chex cereal, a potato recipe with cheddar cheese and cheddar soup in the crock pot, I made some artichokes, that I trimmed,then drizzled with evoo, salt,pepper, minced garlic and parsley and shoved inside the leaves then grilled wrapped in foil, and for salad we halved avocados, leveled off the bottoms so they wouldnt tip, then filled the cavities with cranberry sauce with whole berries,drizzled on some french dressing then topped that with toasted chopped pecans, hot home made rolls and butter, for dessert, daughter made star shaped brownies with a mini p/b cup in the center with cookie dough ice cream.. Ahhhhh very good.
kadesma:)

kitchenelf said:
Pork butt cooked in oven wrapped in foil for 6 hours, baked acorn squash with butter and brown sugar, and Brussels Sprouts. Spinach salad with a port wine vinaigrette.

I think it's so funny that you mentioned "pork" and "acorn squash" in the same post.

Tonight I quartered some acorn sqaush, steamed it and dumped chili verde over the top. Added some black beans and spanish rice and my wife was surprised at how well everything went together.

Not bad for an experiment.

Back
Top Bottom