"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 02-20-2014, 06:38 PM   #11
Executive Chef
I have been going over to my sisters' house a lot to watch the Olympics. BIL went to CO to ski so it will be her and me eating leftovers from last night's potluck; chicken, salad, potatoes and peanut butter cookies. And I don't think I can head over there without the obligatory popcorn with butter and brewer's yeast.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
bethzaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:07 PM   #12
Executive Chef
We had Paneer Masala, cumin spiced greens, basmati, and naan....

Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:19 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire
Change of plans; I had chicken for lunch so decided to make chimichitos for dinner with the leftovers.
Change of plans; The tortillas were all stuck together and tearing so I made hard tacos instead. No lettuce, but shredded cabbage worked great.
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:06 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
We had beef strips teriyaki over rice, green beans on the side, iced tea, then cherry cake for dessert.
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:20 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I went shopping at Costco, so I picked up a rotisserie chicken. I knew I would be too tired to cook a proper meal. Stirling was sounding quite reluctant about plain rotisserie chicken, so I posted a question: Jazzing up rotisserie chicken. Well, I followed Dawg's suggestion of teriyaki. I stir fried some broccoli and some frozen, julienned bell peppers, added some teriyaki sauce (Restaurant Teriyaki Sauce Recipe - Food.com - 133751, but I used 3 tblsps of honey and no sugar), and then threw in chunks of chicken breast. I served it with brown basmati rice. That was quite tasty, but I will tweak that recipe some more next time.
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:27 PM   #16
Executive Chef
Hubby cooked tonight. We had BLATs (bacon, lettuce, avocado, and tomato sandwiches). Hubby got the bacon to that perfect crisp but still chewy point. I wish he would give himself more credit for his cooking. He doesn't cook often, but what he does cook is always really good.
Just because something has a duck bill doesn't mean it's a platypus. It might just be a duck.
Roger Miller: You can't roller skate in a buffalo heard, but you can be happy if you've a mind to.
purple.alien.giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:06 PM   #17
Master Chef
Decided to do a Lenten "spring training" meal - it's less than two weeks away from Ash Wednesday. I needed bread, and the grocery that fries your purchased fish is in the same parking lot. We had cod and swai, along with coleslaw and tater tots (Himself was thrilled - I rarely have them). It's late, but my taste buds are asking if I'd please make up that mix of Trader Joe's gingerbread. Somehow I think my laziness will win that one.
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:05 PM   #18
Executive Chef
We had spaghetti with meat sauce and a nice green salad.
If you don't like the food, have more wine!
Somebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:06 PM   #19
Ogress Supreme
Site Administrator
Sliced Ham and apples.
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:53 AM   #20
Proud American
I bought a rotisserie chicken and made baked sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli with melted Velveeta cheese over it.

I'm still sore and tired...I'll do better later! I had butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon on the sweet potatoes.

With love,

CatPat is offline   Reply With Quote

dinner, supper