"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-25-2006, 05:01 PM   #21
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
I am making something my husband's mom made for him when he was little - I cringed when I made them for the first time five years ago ... and now I actually crave them - bbq cups - brown ground beef, drain fat, return to pan and add brown sugar and bbq sauce. Meanwhile, split large biscuits (I use Grands) in half. Place half biscuit in greased muffin tin, fill with beef mixture, top with cheddar cheese, seal top with other half of biscuit - bake according to biscuit directions. DH loves his with cottage cheese, I like mine with xtra cheese. Kadesma, have a GREAT time -you deserve it!

Old 08-25-2006, 05:10 PM   #22
Everymom

Buttermilk fried chicken, corn on the cob, roasted potatoes and a caesar salad here. Now I have to decide on dessert. Hmmm...might be ice cream or maybe a fudge pie.

Old 08-25-2006, 05:34 PM   #23
Senior Cook

You are all making me hungry. We're having sesame noodles and a garden tomato salad, with watermelon for dessert. I was just given three huge watermelons today from two neighbors gardens.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:45 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelemarie
I am making something my husband's mom made for him when he was little - I cringed when I made them for the first time five years ago ... and now I actually crave them - bbq cups - brown ground beef, drain fat, return to pan and add brown sugar and bbq sauce. Meanwhile, split large biscuits (I use Grands) in half. Place half biscuit in greased muffin tin, fill with beef mixture, top with cheddar cheese, seal top with other half of biscuit - bake according to biscuit directions. DH loves his with cottage cheese, I like mine with xtra cheese. Kadesma, have a GREAT time -you deserve it!
Thanks Michele,
Thanks for the recipe idea you've posted. My Dh is a hamburger hound and will love your recipe. Now that he is home and retired I have been fixing him lunch along with the kids..This will work for them too..

kadesma
Old 08-25-2006, 05:49 PM   #25
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

Dang those sound good , will have to give them a try - thanks for the idea !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelemarie
Old 08-25-2006, 05:57 PM   #26
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
2 Nathans Hot Dogs accompanied by the finest kettke cooked Mrs.Vickies Jalapeno chips. perhaps a nice glass of brew ha ha as well.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:52 PM   #27
Executive Chef

[quote=Michelemarie]I am making something my husband's mom made for him when he was little - I cringed when I made them for the first time five years ago ... and now I actually crave them - bbq cups - brown ground beef, drain fat, return to pan and add brown sugar and bbq sauce. Meanwhile, split large biscuits (I use Grands) in half. Place half biscuit in greased muffin tin, fill with beef mixture, top with cheddar cheese, seal top with other half of biscuit - bake according to biscuit directions.

I've heard of them, but never heard of putting a top on them - just using them as cups. I haven't tried it either way, tho.

fig fritters - Vera, could you tell about these, please.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:13 PM   #28
Assistant Cook

Tonight it was a simple hot dish. Sliced Button mushrooms in black bean sauce over white rice.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:40 PM   #29
Head Chef

Going shopping tonight,
So either pub grub or chinese carryout.
Love the ground beef and biscuit recipe though, Michelemarie thats a keeper
Old 08-25-2006, 09:17 PM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire

i made salsicce con peperoni e cipolla again tonight (sausage, peppers, and onions ).

it was my best effort yet, using hot italian turkey sausage, baby green bell peppers from the garden, sweet onions, garlic, oregano, parsley, bay leaves, and fennel seeds. the secret ingredient is the fennel. you almost can't tell the difference from pork sausage.
and about a cup of leftover homemade sauce that was flavored by last week's pork brasciole.

again, i didn't see the leftovers...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote