Dinner TGIF 8/25 would be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I am getting suggestions for the huge package of pork loin chops that are defrosting from the "Pork threads". Last night I KILLED the mashed potatoes by WAY over salting them before adding the cream and butter then mashing. The short ribs were not fabulous just okay and the salad was great but husband was annoyed no end at how dinner turned out, I don't blame him.

So, before heading off to work tomorrow and being gone for days, I must redeem myself tonight before I take off.

What's everyone else having tonight?

We're having grilled burgers left over from Tuesday. I have a zucchini I might fry up to go with. We also have tomatoes to slice, and cucumber & onions in vinegar to nibble on.

Cheese and pear ravioli from the italian supermarket with evoo and fresh parmesan and a salad.

?? We were going to have Imam Baildi... but Paul decided he wanted to head out to the woods tonight instead of Saturday morning...so, I'll prbly just make some sandwiches to eat in the car on the way or we'll stop at a little burger joint on the way.

The head cook and bottle washer is going OUT tonight..Nice place,fantastic salad bar, the greatest steak and prime rib sammies, nice pasta, grilled steaks and prime rib dinner,wonderful fresh fish, quiet, good bar, and they sell home grown fruits and veggies..can't wait:LOL:

kadesma, who will now go start lunch for the young'uns:LOL:

ChefJune- Your dinner sounds amazing!!!!!

pdswife and kadesma-I hope you both have a GREAT time!!!
Much love and energy,Vicki

I'm making steak subs. I have a rib eye marinating, will cook that up, slice it very thin, add some sauteed peppers, onions, and mushrooms, maybe some cheese.

I am making grilled chicken burritos, strawberry margaritas and oatmeal carmelitas for dessert.
TGIF is right!

I've just put a rub on a flank steak which it seems I'm going to be grilling in the kitchen since it's pouring outside.. (I have a cast iron stove top grill..) Also fig fritters with a drizzle of honey, and toasted semolina bread with marinated mushrooms.

Sazeracs for drinks in honour of New Orleans and the Viex Carre.

Laisez le bon temps roule.

Don't cook a whole lot on Friday's , usually pizza night, BLT'S tonight, beer and brownies !! lol :wacko: Have a awesome weekend everyone ! :)

Back
Top Bottom