Dinner, TGIF, August 15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I have a fillet mignon roast.
Don't know yet what to do with it.
I could bake it until med/rare.
I need help with what to do with it.
Oven roasted pots with rosemary, garlic, parm cheese, salt and pepper.
Green salad with Lyle's Golden Syrup dressing.
Dessert? He's on his own from what's in the freezer.
Iced tea for me, crocktail for him.

What's anyone else planning?

I don't have a clue at this point....maybe time to get with it. Guess I can do a quiche and salad, they don't take that much time. Have some brownies left from the other day, so dessert is taken care of.

We haven't went out to dinner for some time. I think I'm going to see if DH wants to go to our favorite Mexican resturant. "I love their margaritas"

The girls are doing a yard sale so all will be here tonight..requested are my pork chops with onion sauce and in this heat too:ohmy: but ,Ma turn on the AC, mashed or baked potatoes, sliced tomatoes,avocado's,red onion rings, biscuits, artichokes, and believe it or not they expect dessert:wacko: I'm thinking an apple or nectarine tart being we have both just outside waiting for me..

kadesma

We are having a moving sale tomorrow, all day, and I've been pricing and cleaning and arranging stuff all day. Looks like the pizza delivery man will stop by tonight!

Tonight's the last night home for the college guy. We take him to UVA in the AM. I was going to make one of his faves, my spaghetti. Needed to stop for milk and bread and saw porterhouse steaks on sale for 5.99/lb. Steak is another of his faves so a quick menu change at the store. Got the steaks and will grill them along with sauted shrooms and onions, salad and green beans.

pasta salad...i've been working up to making my first pasta salad of this gardening season..waiting on enough tomatoes, really don't have enough yet so I will go heavy on the bell peppers, and I just finished making a mozzarella which turned way better than any mozz i have ever made..

and sweet corn:)

The girls are doing a yard sale so all will be here tonight..requested are my pork chops with onion sauce and in this heat too:ohmy: but ,Ma turn on the AC, mashed or baked potatoes, sliced tomatoes,avocado's,red onion rings, biscuits, artichokes, and believe it or not they expect dessert:wacko: I'm thinking an apple or nectarine tart being we have both just outside waiting for me..

kadesma

oh kades, i hope you fix just what YOU feel like fixing:neutral:

While shopping today I saw two strips that had my name on them...So I brought them home! Corn on da cob...Garlic greens beans with 1/2ed grape tomatoes...bread.

While shopping today I saw two strips that had my name on them...So I brought them home! Corn on da cob...Garlic greens beans with 1/2ed grape tomatoes...bread.

I was planning on chicken tonight but after reading Uncle Bob's post, I'm buying strip steaks. The chicken can wait until tomorrow. :)

I was planning on chicken tonight but after reading Uncle Bob's post, I'm buying strip steaks. The chicken can wait until tomorrow. :)

Ooooh, strip steaks.....
I read Uncle Bob's post so fast I thought maybe he was shopping at Home Depot and he said he brought two strippers home with him :LOL:
Not to rehash an old joke or anything :angel:

No idea here yet. Nothing thawed, but when I read about orange roughy... I have one of those and they don't take long to thaw. So maybe.

Back
Top Bottom