Dinner Thirsty Thursday ~ 3-16-2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...It was my Mom's 85th b'day...Such GREAT memories of this day will be held in our hearts forever.
I'm happy that everything went so well for you! Wonderful memories indeed. :heart: You done good, CW.

blissful, a happy birthday to your DH, too.

I took my neighbor to Blaze's Pizza...
So how was pizza from a place owned by a basketball player? Taste like...pizza?

Waddle, waddle, waddle. It was my Mom's 85th b'day. My cousin brought down a tonme (well, maybe not a tonne, but a decent amount) of fresh walleye he caught at Birch Beach, LOW, Tuesday night per my Mom's request. He also brought a wild rice - walleye soup, a wild blueberry pie and banana bread. I had asparagus, coleslaw, and quesadillas ready, and then there was that b'day cake.

I was frigging stuffed. And, I didn't have cake. I could hardly waddle through the kitchen to get the dishes done (what was I thinking using the good china, sterling, and crystal)? But, I also ran the dishwasher twice excluding that stuff. As my Dad said, "you know it was a success when you have to run the dishwasher at least twice and wash just as many dishes and silverware by hand." Such GREAT memories of this day will be held in our hearts forever.

So glad it went well, CWS! :)

Waddle, waddle, waddle. It was my Mom's 85th b'day. My cousin brought down a tonme (well, maybe not a tonne, but a decent amount) of fresh walleye he caught at Birch Beach, LOW, Tuesday night per my Mom's request. He also brought a wild rice - walleye soup, a wild blueberry pie and banana bread. I had asparagus, coleslaw, and quesadillas ready, and then there was that b'day cake.

I was frigging stuffed. And, I didn't have cake. I could hardly waddle through the kitchen to get the dishes done (what was I thinking using the good china, sterling, and crystal)? But, I also ran the dishwasher twice excluding that stuff. As my Dad said, "you know it was a success when you have to run the dishwasher at least twice and wash just as many dishes and silverware by hand." Such GREAT memories of this day will be held in our hearts forever.

CWS, you are doing such a fantastic job with all the loving care you are heaping upon your mother. I am positive that if not in this world, then the hereafter, you will receive your reward. Considering the length of time that the doctors said she had left, you can be sure she made liars out of all of them only due to the care you have given her. Your last sentence says it all!

I am sure there are days when you just want to sleep for at least eight hours straight. That day will come. But in the meantime, remember God is looking down on the three of you. Two parents couldn't ask for a better daughter.

I am so happy for all of you that she got her walleye feast. :angel: And one for you. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom