Dinner this Ash Wednesday, February 21st?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
buckytom said:
for all of us people with dirty thumbprints on our foreheads, remember, it's supposed to be a day of fasting. only 1 normal meal.

What's a normal meal? I haven't had one of those in a while now....

We had mac and cheese for dinner.

And I'll be cranky for the next 40 days, as I once again engage in my annual competition with the pope to see who is more Catholic. I'm giving up beer, he's giving up... Hey!! He never told me!! :mad: :ROFLMAO: :mad:

John

Hey Bucky,

We are Episco[alians and also had the "black thumbprint" on our foreheads yesterday. Our Rector told us that we should wash it off, because going places marked that way, is a sort of bragging that we have a religious belief or something. anyway, we took it off.

Ash Wednesday is observed as a Holy Day, not a holiday and the same is true for Good Friday, a most solemn day in the Christian religions.

I don't give anything up as such and do try to give more of myself to loved ones, and even strangers, when I can.

I pounded some boneless skinless chicken breasts nice & thin, dredged them in seasoned flour, & sauteed/browned them briefly in hot extra-virgin olive oil.

I then spooned some Bertolli marinara sauce into a baking dish, put the breasts on top, covered with more sauce, & then topped with a lot of grated mozzarella cheese. Baked until all was hot & bubbly & served it with some Fiore pasta (small wheels) tossed with the remaining sauce.

Back
Top Bottom