Dinner Thread, Friday May 31st

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
All the talk lately of hash browns has me hungry for them. So tonight I thought we'd do "breakfast for dinner" with ham steak, eggs sunny side up, and homemade hash browns.

It's so hot out - about 90 degrees. Going to take a nap. If I'm up to it later, might check out 9021Pho. The menu looks interesting. Looking forward to trying the "Vietnamese" :ermm::LOL: dessert Chocolate covered spumoni bomb.

9021PHO | Chef Kimmy Tang | Menu

chocolate covered spumoni bomb.jpg

Tonight it's Mexican night. Tomato habanaro salsa over chicken. With broccoli potato,peas. Oh, and a bloody mary. Hot stuff!
39817-albums960-picture5529.jpg

Another salad (we "do" salad more often than not) and then finishing up the last of the chicken soup. I know, it's 90 degrees by us but when something has to go weather isn't a factor. Especially when you have central air. ;)

We had creamy lemon chicken over pasta. Paired that with a veggie stir fry of broccoli, red peppers, onion, garlic and mushrooms. Tossed some roasted garlic and chiles. Had killer coleslaw as our salad and a loaf of garlic bread on the side. I had a LARGE glass of valpolicella. OMG, such a good wine!

I'm now sitting here digesting while Ken mows the lawn before it rains. Hope he makes it!

Went out for Thai. The calamari app was great, light, crunchy, and tender. Entrees were good. They were really busy, so it took a long time, but worth it!

...I had a LARGE glass of valpolicella. OMG, such a good wine!...

Glad you enjoy it - one of our favorites! Don't know if you ever saw the old commercial with Michael Landon hawking Kodak cameras for Christmas. Kodak cameras should be your "Open me First" gift and all. At the time we were opening gifts on Christmas eve and usually opened a bottle of wine to sip on during the gift unwrapping. The year we got a bottle of Bolla Valpolicella we decided it was SO good we would make it our annual "Open me First" gift! :LOL:

Alix and CG......have either of you ever tried Amarone della Valpolicella? Or Amarone for short? It's lovely. Probably fuller bodied, drier and more intense than the Valpolicella Classico (I'm guessing the Bola is the Classico). I bet Steve Kroll could shed more light, he is much more knowledgable about wine than I am, but for what it's worth....the Amarone is really nice.

Last edited:
Nope, Bunny, haven't heard of it. Then again when it comes to wine I'm not so much a connoisseur as a common-sewer! :LOL: We do enjoy a bottle of good wine now and then but the buck comes to a screaming halt when I get to the fine wines.

I googled this one quickly. The site I found said the average price is $18. Hmm, doable for special occasions. I'll look next time I'm at our local store o' fun. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom